Frank Wilson and Tommy Moffitt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Dec 14, 2010.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Tommys here to stay, hes not the one that gives the go to leave. FYI

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

What??? are you on crack??? Moffit is one of the best streghnth and conditioning coaches in the country?? What merrits do you say let him leave??

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Have you not seen the poor performances of LSU athletes on their Pro Days and the NFL Combine? Do you not witness continued late season and 4th Quarter physical breakdowns? These are opportunities for strength and conditioning to shine through and that's rarely the case. I think the position could be improved upon.

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I would love for him to stay, but I have realistic expectations. Others have been critical of Moffitt in the past though, given our occasional cramping issues, et all.

However, I was just making fun of the overreactions to Billy Gonzales in another thread, and how he's apparently a terrible coach after 8 months on the job.

As for why we don't do well at the combine, because they don't do olympic style lifts there. Moffitt does not have his players bench pressing all damn day because he's not a dummy.

Core strength doesn't really get measured at the combine.

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

fail :rolleye33:

6. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

So far one is safe...

7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Really??? lol....your gonna use the nfl combine to gauge whether tommy moffit has been a success or not? As for 4th quarter breakdowns, most of LSU's wins has been because of their play in the 4th quarter. The only year i was disaponted in moffit was the year he was battling sickness....and that wasn't released till after the season. So I understood why.

But with all that being said...we can just agree to disagree....like grown-ups.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

MLU does have a point. But I think that this year has gotten alot better, as compared to 09. Another reason our defense gets so tired is because they are on the field so much, because the offense can't do anything.

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

respectfully disagree.

most of those 4th qtr breakdowns happened last year when the offense couldn't stay on the field longer than 3 downs at a time.

LSU is nationally known for how they battle down the stretch especially late in a game.

the strength and cond community views moffit as one of their brightest stars.

i'm not a combine hound so i won't pretend to know much there but i thought guys like JR and laron landry killed their combine.

so much so i thought LSU guys had a rep for scouts falling in love with their combine and them being drafted too early.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

overall I think this is a correct analysis with the exception of last yr. There was much discussion about how many had believed that our S & C program may have fallen off. So much so, that if you remember in the spring and fall camps there were tons of reports from players on how tough Moffit was on them and how the S & C program was unbelievable.