Frank Wilson and Tommy Moffitt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Dec 14, 2010.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah but people weren't saying, "man our offense is really tired in the 4th"

it was all the defense. LSU's defense last year probably played more plays percentage wise (adjusting for the new recent clock rules of course) than any defense they've had in the past 20 yrs.

and Luke was right, most people didn't understand that. it's not xbox where you can turn fatigue off.

calling for moffit to be gone is like the bama fans who are calling for saban's job after every loss this year. i would use miles as the example but miles unfortunately doesn't get the equivalent respect in the coaching profession that saban does which moffit gets in the S&C ranks.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don't disagree. I was just pointing out that the concern was there. Was being the key, and it was only for a short period of time. Moffit is one of the best there is, and has proven it time and time again. This season in particular, look at how many 4th qtr come backs we had. It takes endurance and conditioning to do that.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Yes, conditioning sucked in 09...(not really but Ill bite). LSU has been known to have far superior conditioning than any other program in the country...BECAUSE of Moffitt. In 09...someone please remind me the number of plays the offense ran per game??? I think it was laughable. Oh yeah, Moffitt's wife is battling cancer and wasnt doing too well in 08 or 09. She is doing much better now.

This isnt directed at you LSA...but others on this board need to step off and get some facts straight before throwing one of, if not the best S&C coaches, under the bus....especially when he bleeds more P&G than 90% of this board. The tiger football team would take two steps back if he were to leave....guaranteed

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'm shocked no one could pick up on MLU's sarcasm.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

No, in fact far from it. Chad Jones had embarrassing numbers in the weighlifting events. So did Glenn Dorsey. LSU guys get drafted because they play in the SEC and they play well. If they had better fitness numbers, they'd be going a helluva a lot higher.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Chad Jones was an exception and was also known to be lazy in the weight room...Dorsey was injured.

BTW...using the combine to gauge the effectiveness of a strength and conditioning coach is silly.