Frank Wilson appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fighting Tigers, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Fighting Tigers

Fighting Tigers Founding Member

I just find it amazing at the job Frank has been in not only his stellar recruiting, but the improvement in our running backs this year. Yes I know we made it a point to be a rushing team this year, but our running backs really seemed to maximize their potential. I would have never thought Ridley would have been a 1000 yard rusher and that is nothing against Ridley, we just don't have that happen too often. He is about to win recruiter of the year which is a pretty impressive award. I still remember some people upset when we hired him and it made me doubt the hire at first just b/c I didn't know much about him. In my opinion, Miles hit jackpot with Frank and Ron Cooper (DBs coach). Chavis obviously too but people knew Chavis would be good, people didn't know how good Cooper and Wilson would be. Here is to Les keeping them around for a LONG time!
    :crystal::tigereye:

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

To Frank Wilson .....Cheers!!!

3. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

AAAAAAAAAAAmen!

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He's a slam dunk to win recruiter of the year.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Frank is the man, and quite honestly the BEST coaching move Miles has made since he has been here.

6. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I normally don't need a reason to have a drink, but seeing as how we are heaping praises on him, I'll go ahead and have a drink tonight and toast Frank in the process!

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i think it's indicative of the type of coaches CLM wants to hire. i wonder if he was under any pressure to hire someone like gary crowton in the first place, or if he just realized he'd rather work with guys who he works well with.

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Yup

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What makes the job he's done with the RBs even more impressive is the fact that teams knew we were struggling in the passing game, so we faced a lot of 7-8-9 man fronts, yet we were still able to run the ball. Obviously, the o-line deserves a lot of credit for that too, but the backs found the holes and gained the yards, so hats off all the way around.