Frank Wilson gone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Jan 14, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Okay Mr. Spelling Nazi.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Nothing was misspelled. Typical woman diverting.

Nazi? I let 99% slide.

Rouxleaux and Brian like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well yes, "the" is spelled "the" but that's not the word you were looking for....so that makes it a typo.

Back to business....no diversion. I stated very clearly that I don't believe it as a possibility. I am merely a conduit of what I hear coming out of HH. This mantra has been non-stop for almost 2 months now. However, I quit discussing it because I believed, and still do, that it's nonsense. The rumor today had different legs which is why I posted about it.

Your participation and reading here is ubiquitious....you may let 99% go but the ones you call out still appear prevalent.

Now go look for that unique sense of humor.

Brian likes this.
  4. tirk

Like I'm serious. Paint the eggs hookah.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Strangely enough, I have an antique hookah pipe that my dad bought in Indonesia (I think). It's quite beautiful and looks like an artifact. No idea if my pops ever used it but for me, it sits on my kitchen sink as a decoration and pleasant reminder.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not sure he was a head coach I think he was an assistant. There isn't much info on that out there. Vincent might not be a coach but I bet he wants to be.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'll gladly accept the invite one day.

8. tirk

I'm with him.

9. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Thoughts, yes.

So may delusional LSU fans act like Frank Wilson is the only coach in the country that can competently coach running backs and recruit New Orleans. It's shear nonsense to think that nobody else can do this.

As for FW as a head coach, do you all remember one Larry Porter? Former LSU RB coach Larry Porter.

Larry Porter was supposed to be the greatest recruiter in the history of football. He was a former running back at Memphis State and was hired to be the Head Coach at Memphis. (Even though he had no previous experience as a Head Coach or even as an Offensive Coordinator)

It was a total disaster and Porter was fired after only two seasons. Just more proof and evidence that it takes more than just being a "Great Recruiter" to be a successful Head Coach. It takes a totally different set of talents and abilities to successfully lead a program as the Head Man. Some have it and some don't. So, there's a 50/50 chance that Wilson will totally bomb out as a Head Coach a la Larry Porter. They're carbon copies of each other (Nether had been Head Coaches or Offensive Coordinators before) and it's a 50/50 shot with FW at UTSA..................

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am now thinking I may persoanlly rather Austin Thomas to move into the recruiting coordinator role and it has nothing to do with thinking that he would be better than O. O is going to be a lead guy in recruiting no matter what his title is but recrutiting coordinator takes a lot of administrative work and Austin Thomas is pretty much doing that already and then some even when Frank was here. Gives coach O some time freedom to target his guys and to focus on coaching the players up.

Austin Thomas already has NFL teams showing interest in his abilities in the front office and it is going to be hard to keep him a lot longer. But maybe this role gives him even more incentive to stay. O and Austin are going to be the main reason we don't see much fallout from this class due to Frank leaving, so why not do everything possible to keep them both here as long as possible. Austin has a relationship with every commit and target now and that is why he is filling in for Frank at the moment and we could see him stay on Frank's task all the way up to NSD for this class.

Rouxleaux, KyleK and LSUDieHard like this.