Frank Wilson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 14, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

well, since no one else will do it, keep hearing rumors that Florida is after Coach Wilson. What's it gonna take to keep him here? Is he even entertaining the idea of going to UF? This would be a huge blow if he left, and another question would be will Freak decide to bolt again if CFW does decide to boot up?

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Nothing to worry about, he isn't going anywhere.

3. LaSalleAve

i sure hope so.

4. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

Sure would like to hear Bhelm's take on this.

5. LaSalleAve

Me too friend..... In my opinion, this is the 1 coach we cannot afford to lose, other than Miles himself at this point.

6. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Wilson is a New Orleans native, his wife and kids are from here too I believe. LSU was his dream job. I doubt he goes anywhere. He does have a history of leaving fast though in CFB. But I think he is settled down here, not like he is in a unstable situation under LSU. He'll likely get a raise to shut Florida up and he deserves it. If they don't give him a raise and decides to go to Florida, well then LSU is dumb for letting it happen.

I think he is comfortable with his situation here and he has it made in the shade. Relaxed, family surrounding, coaching great athletes as a major program and has a very easy job of recruiting Louisiana. All this will boost his career in a few years. Florida is a much more unstable job at this point with CUM gone and a meltdown season. Why risk it? Why go to Florida and have a harder time recruiting, especially in Louisiana? Wouldn't it make sense to stay somewhere where you are respected and can get huge points for being a recruiting champ?

I was personally critical of his hire but I've since regretted that. He is a great all around coach. Can recruit AND coach. Seems like a rare commodity on LSU's staff these days.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Wilson's going nowhere, but Moffit may be another story. Rumor has it TX is after him...and God knows they have the money.

8. LaSalleAve

We could always get that dude from the New York Jets to be our strength and conditioning coach. :hihi: I can think of an Auburn player that I wouldn't mind seeing get clipped in the knee.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wilson and Moffit are not going anywhere. Wilson's family had a hard time moving so fast last time but knew they had to make an exception for his dream job. Wilson loves it here.

Moffit turned down Saban once already and then had to struggle with cancer last year. I just don't see him leaving especially with Hatch here and the new Olympic center, etc...

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Hope you're right about that. Made me feel better anyway. :grin: