Free Cam Cameron!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Nov 22, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, that's what Mett did last year.

2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

6-5 might get it done. I am starting to like these big qbs who can sling it. It just seems to me they fit our offensive style more than the dual guys. They can see over the line and make the quick read, at least the good ones anyway.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Here's a scary thought. What if Cam has been free this whole time?

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That is indeed a scary thought. And if it was anywhere close to accurate, then he should be set free.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. $TigerFan$

I think he came in with a QB he could work with and we had one of the best offenses I have seen at LSU. We get to this year with a questionable passing qb and we back to miles ball. I think with Mett, he could make all the throws so Miles let him have some freedom,with these guys he wants it played close to the vest because he doesn't trust them with the full playbook. I think Cam is calling the plays but Miles is only giving him 5 out of the book to work with. Problem is our opponents know those 5 as good as we do.

ParadiseiNC and COTiger like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jamarcus Russell and Matt Flynn, Zach Mettenberger and even Jarrett Lee at times offense is a formidable offense. You throw a "dual threat" guy in there and it doesn't matter if it's Crowton, Stud or Cameron and the offense is the exact same only the option has continuously faded out.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

miles is as miles does - j.r.r. tolkien

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Never has this been truer:

I know you've deceived me, now here's a surprise
    I know that you have 'cause there's magic in my eyes

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles
    Oh yeah

If you think that I don't know about the little tricks you've played
    And never see you when deliberately you put things in my way

Well, here's a poke at you
    You're gonna choke on it too
    You're gonna lose that smile
    Beacuse all the while

I can see for miles and miles
    I can see for miles and miles
    I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles
    Oh yeah

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The problem is where do you get these tall prototype passing QB's? Most high schools now play some version of the spread with not necessarily the best quarterback on the team but the best athlete. The number of potential Mettenbergers, JaMarcus Russells, Andrew Lucks, ect. coming out of high school are getting fewer and fewer. I don't know what happens to a 6-4 230 kid with a cannon arm who can barely run a 5.0 40 unless HS coachers are beefing them up and converting them to O Linemen.

I have no problem with recruiting dual threat QB's but if you recruit them you should adjust your offense to take advantage of their skillsets, not try to force them into an unfamiliar mold and make pro set QB's of them the way Miles has.

10. $TigerFan$

I totally agree Bengal. It might mean having to recruit our qbs from Florida, Texas, Georgia, etc. they have many pro style high schools out there. That guy Georgia got this year looks real good, I would trade him for our two right now. It's not like Cam doesn't know what to do with those big kids. Even if we get someone's left overs we could make them serviceable as an average qb and we would be fine. With the talent we put around our qb he doesn't have to run just be able to hit receivers for a couple hundred yards a game and let our run game do the rest. I would bet my paycheck if we would have avg. that kind of production this year with our run game we would be in the hunt right now.