Freemasons

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, May 27, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Someone at work is fascinated with the freemasons and he is a bit of a conspiracy theorist, so he was telling me about all the past Presidents who were freemasons and how the government and society is generally controlled by freemasons.

He also claims that some of the most high profile sports athletes of today form that symbol with their hands and gesture from time to time. I do see them make some sort of triangle but not convinced it is the sign of the compass and ruler.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My oldest uncle was a mason for five decades but finally rejected it in the end. The lower three levels of Masonry is pretty much an ordinary fraternal order. But in the highly secret higher orders (there are 33 levels), it becomes increasingly a religion mixing Christian with many pagan religious ideals. My devout Baptist uncle was increasingly alienated the higher he rose . . . and he finally dumped it.

There are a several books out there that "expose" Masonry for a false religion.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is all pretty accurate. My grandfather was a mason for about 40 years. For years it was stein hoists and keggers, but as he rose through the orders he realized why many Christian groups were opposed to masonry. He said the higher orders dealt heavily in the occult and performed what he called bizarre rituals, but he never went into detail because he was afriad.

When he converted to Catholicism he burned all masonic literature.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

check out the list of famous freemasons.

List of Freemasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There is a belief of a connection between Masons and Templars. The origin of Freemasons can be traced back to Egypt via the use of Math and Geometry to build the pyramids. Jews built their temples based on similar higher learning and placed those secrets within the buildings.

The Templar Knights of Christianity and the ancient Catholic church brought these secrets with them back to Europe and one of the Popes allowed these "Templars" to exist. They became so powerful, a different Pope became concerned at a time when the church was going bankrupt. The Knights were bankers. If you wanted to travel back to the Holy Land the Templars would provide protection.

The Pope and the King of France, which was also going bankrupt, found the leader of the Masons and killed him/supporters, taking all their money. Survivors fled to Scotland. The day these killings were ordered is Friday the 13th, hence today's bad luck association. There is SO much more including the history of the Sinclairs in Scotland.

Not sure if you're into reading books on topics like this but I would suggest Holy Blood Holy Grail, Pirates and the Lost Templar Fleet, and for sure read The Hiram Key.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

you know how a lot of fraternities wont tell you their initiation and hazing stuff because they want it to sound a lot cooler than it really is?

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

my great-grandfather was a mason and i have his handbook that i found among my grandmothers things.

uh oh. does this mean stacey and i both have to go into hiding now?

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Hmmm. I guess it does. I'm cracking open that handbook tonight when I get home to see what I've been missing out on "knowing."

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

makes it pretty interesting that jesus's father was not a carpenter but a stone mason, huh?

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

wasnt george washington a free mason?