Fried Shrimp Po Boy

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by pabwork, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Zatarain's Remoulade Sauce is a good condiment for any kind of seafood poboy

2. brjim

brjim Veteran Member

90% of it is the bread.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's also hard to find a really good crab cake sandwich like you can get in the Chesapeake area. I don't know why, we make good stuffed crabs here. Why doesn't someone make good fresh crabcakes?

4. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

Ye Olde College Inn on Carrollton in NOLA has a great fried green tomato poboy.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

That's because people in LA try to get too fancy with them. They add onion, green pepper, celery, scalions and bread crumbs. Then they batter and fry them. That is completely wrong all around

A crab cake should be FRESH lump crab gently tossed in a sauce mixture of mayo, dijon mustard, egg, dash of worcester, a little lemon juice and the most important: Old Bay Seasoning. You just need enough of the sauce to hold it all together. You can put in a little (emphasis on LITTLE) bit of bread crumbs or crushed crackers if you insist. Then broil it on high heat. You want the outside to be golden brown but the center should still be moist. Don't over cook and dry it out.

Best crab cakes in the world are at G&M. It's about 2 miles from my brothers house. I stop in every time I go up to Maryland. Website says you can order them although I have never tried.
    G&M Crabcakes

1 person likes this.
  6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I usually get mine at Rocco's in BR. I poor their nice garlic brown gravy over the shrimp... mmm...

7. BBQHunter

BBQHunter Freshman

Very Good Shrimp PoBoy

Big Head's exit 139 & I-10in Grosse Tete (BIG HEAD), Louisiana has a GREAT Shrimp PoBoyLSU!

1 person likes this.