Friendly competitive jabs???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I don't recall DMac being that emotional after any other game though. Great players always use every edge they can get in a big game. It's the superstars that can actually change the game with that extra motivation. Think Kobe. Think MJ. It's a part of the game and every team is looking for the edge.

Trust me, the Arkansas team took the "Ar-Kansas" statement personally and used it against us. Their fans even took it personally. We can never really put a win or loss on a single event because football could be the greatest team sport out there but I definitely believe this drove them beyond what they normally would have. Ask any athlete. When they take something personally, they get focused, they get determined, and it more often than not pays off.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

DMac had a huge game, no doubt. But that pass on 4th and whatever towards the end of the game that was converted to a wide open Hillis killed us.

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Of course they held it against us, just like we hold it against everyone that talks smack about our Tigers.

I guess what I'm saying is, we lost that game for more than just that reason. Miles' mouth may or may not have had something to do with it, just as being the #1 team at the time did, or us letting them score 50 points, or... you get the picture.

And sure DMac was more emotional than normal; they'd just knocked off the number 1 team in the most difficult venue for an opposing team in the country.. I'm just saying it's easy for him to say "we beat them because they mispronounced our name" when the game's over, when the truth is there was more to it than that.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Certainly is hard to measure impacts of such statements but how many times do our fans say, "I hope Miles is showing that to our players" or "Locker Room mat". I can tell you as an athlete that once you actually get IN the game those things do take a backseat and focusing on what's going on in the present blocks everything else out so you could be correct.

However, it sure makes the after-game much more enjoyable. :)

I have a vivid mental image of DMac standing with the Nut and waving that piece of wood though.

The "Bush Factor". Having to account for DMac opened up the game for Hillis. I remember asking an Arky fan who that guy was and being told he'd be drafted. I'd never heard of him before the game. I don't keep up with NFL but wonder what became of him. He was pretty good for a white boy. :hihi:

5. LaSalleAve

You really don't know about Hillis?

Of the big 3 that came out of Arkansas, McFadden, Hillis, and Felix Jones.. Hillis has by far had the better NFL career.

6. LSUTiga

I first learned about him that day but didn't follow him after college. The NFL sucks but I plan to watch the Saints in the playoffs.

7. LaSalleAve

Hillis was pretty instrumental in the Browns beating the Saints this season also. He was a steal in the draft. And Josh McDaniels traded him for Brady Quinn.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Me too... what a hell of a wake-up call, eh?

9. LSUTiga

No shyt. I felt ignorant but had to walk down and find out who this mad man was that was running like a stripped ass ape on our D.

10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

He could've called em "S&M" lol

1 person likes this.