From CBS Sportsline.com -- 50 most influential people in college football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jul 13, 2004.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Just out of the Top 50

Xavier Carter, LSU receiver: If he can run routes and catch, the sky's the limit for the nation's best prep receiver. The incoming freshmen runs a 4.35 40. With LSU thin at receiver, Carter could make an immediate splash.

Pretty cool the freshman is getting some props before the season.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Tigers may have lost Clayton and Henderson but they will not be "thin at receiver." Green should be the go to guy and if Amp Hill comes around from his injury and Carter and Doucet make an immediate impact LSU might well have the fastests receivers in the country.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think the guy lost in the shuffle is Lavelle Hawkins. This guy is electrifying and out of some deep talent in California. This guy needs to add some weight but is 6' and runs a 4.4.

he was a late signee but could have a huge impact eventually.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

knew i heard electrifying somewhere:

2004 Parade All-American
    Collegefootballnews.com Top 150 Prospects (91)
    Collegefootballnews.com Top Wide Receivers (12)
    ESPN.com Lemming's Top 100 (81)
    ESPN.com Lemming's Top 25 Wide Receivers (10)
    Rivals.com Top 100 (73)
    Rivals.com Top Athletes (4)
    Rivals.com Super West 60 (7)
    Rivals.com California Top 100 (10)
    SuperPrep All-America 275 (31)
    SuperPrep California 132 (25)
    TheInsiders.com Top 100 (95)
    TheInsiders.com Top Wide Receivers (17)
    First-Team Division 1 All-State
    Area Wide Receiver of the Year

An electrifying athlete and wide receiver rated in the top three at his position in California ... Considered one of the finest prep wide receivers in America ... Explosive in the open field with great instincts and terrific hands ... Can dominate a defense, constantly making big plays ... Showed his versatility playing quarterback, defensive back, wide receiver and return man during his career ... Led his team to a Division 1 State Championship Game appearance ... Finished his junior season with 53 receptions for close to 1,000 yards receiving and 12 touchdowns ... Had 75 tackles, four interceptions, two sacks and three forced fumbles at safety ... Played in CaliFlorida Bowl ... Timed at 4.42 seconds in the 40-yard dash ... Coached by Elliott Burke ... Born on July 12, 1986.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I saw this yesterday but Im not a big fan of DDD. (Dennis "douchebag" Dodd) I think he was instrumental in swaying the national perspective about this shared NC so screw him.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Anyone besides me find #47 funny? :lol:

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dwayne Bowe. Breakout season. Book it.

8. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

34. Corey Webster, LSU Cornerback
    Webster is Deion Sanders without the flash. The steady, shut-down corner is a big reason LSU was able to share the national championship. He locked up on Oklahoma's Mark Clayton in the Sugar Bowl, arguably providing the difference in a 21-14 victory. Going into this season, he is the best corner in the country. The 2003 All-American needs eight interceptions (he has 14) to set the school career record. Webster was NFL-ready as a junior but chose to return, which is bad news for the rest of the SEC -- and the country.

NCAA 2005 is not doing nearly enough to keep my mind off September 4th.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It only made it worse for me!

10. lsuj2006

lsuj2006 Founding Member

Today I was riding in my car listening to my "LSU" cd (which contains about 20 band tracks and various others) and "Boom" came on. I thought about Sept. 4th, when all the Pac 10 fans are sitting in Death Valley for the first time... if they play the Boom video, or even just the song, or even just the chorus... it would be amazing. "Here come the boyz from the South." It gave me chills just thinking about it.