from Gambit magazine: Tales of a Superfan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Tales of a Superfan

When your first-born is due and your team is advancing to the Sugar Bowl, which comes first: the baby or the Tiger? When you're talking LSU football, no answers are easy.

Link to article

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Great article. How did he know my all-time favorite Tiger was Dalton?

There's one event in LSU football history that I never read about until recently. We all know about the '58 season and how in '59 Billy Cannon's punt return & tackle on the 4th qtr goal-line stand won the game against Ole Miss, thus helping him win the Heisman.

Rivals have pointed out that we lost the next week and it was at Tennessee. I'd never read about that game until recently. Apparently, LSU scored a late TD to pull within 14-13 and decided to go for 2. Billy Cannon was denied but claims he will always believe he broke the plain and they should've won 15-14. Does anyone have Cannon's exact quote about this and any other testimony on whether he got in? If he scores on the 2 pt conversion, does LSU win back-to-back championships? Did I get all of the information correct about the Tennessee game?

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

That was a great read, thanks.

Yup, I sure enjoyed watching the Dalton-James Gang back in the day. I don't think I could distill all the Tiger football I've watched down to just having one single player, but #21 is definitely near the top of any list I could make. :thumb: