From Patriots, to Clingers, to Deplorables ..to Domestic Terrorists ... Oh My!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Jan 7, 2021.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont like taking pills at all for pain and with my motocross stuff, lets just say I hurt a lot. I had a friend give me some stuff from Colorado and I am amazed at how my joints and back feel now. Crazy.

Frogleg likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont totally agree with Trump on 230. I dont think it should be gone. I think if Twitter and Facebook act like a publisher they should be treated as such.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

social media sites are banning conservatives all over the place. do you think this requires any action? trunp cant even post on twitter. is that ok with you? is it ok these left wing fuckers are gatekeepers for info from our own fucking president?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont care about the banning in a way that would warrant legal action. (my personal opinion is that they will do more harm than good, but I dont care in any legal sense. I wouldn't personally try to police that amount of users.) My point is that if Twitter is going to add their own content to a persons post that is wrong then they should have the same rules apply to a publisher such as CNN.

An example is the Covington MAGA Hat kid. The "media" labeled him in a way that would be detrimental to the kids future and because they are a publisher, he had legal recourse. I think with Facebook and Twitter openly taking stances to "fact check" that they are publishing content and stand the risk of being wrong. I think this needs to be looked at because if they are wrong, they could lead to someone's livelihood being canceled just as easily as they claim Trump "incites" violence.

Which is why I don't know why they even try. It is impossible to police this many users. They are going to ruin-themselves eventually IMO.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

but they are not like CNN, they dont create the content. twitter is like if i put a bulletin board outside my house and let you post on it. if you post on there that you love stalin, and i want to erase it or comment on it, thats fine, its my bulletin board. get your own bulletin board.

6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

As someone who's consumed both, I'd rather take the heroin pills, but you do have to be careful with them.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I disagree. When they fact-check with their own content, that is content.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I just noticed I dont feel any after effects from the weed derivatives. I feel like with pain killers it hangs out in me in a way I notice for a few days.

Frogleg likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

and the law requires no changes for them to be responsible for what they publish. 230 protects them from liability regarding what others post.

if trump posts something, and twitter posts a "fact check' that says trump is actually a nazi child molester, twitter can still be sued.

again, 230 protects them from being held responsible for what you and I post there