Frosh RB's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CJD4LSU, Sep 9, 2006.

1. CJD4LSU

CJD4LSU Founding Member

So what is the majority opinion concerning the Tiger's talented group of incoming freshmen rb's? Should they all play this season? Will Richard Murphy be the lone redshirt of the group?

...I heard a quote that JV made about Richard saying that he has the quickest/fastest feet he has ever seen. ...and that Richard should see playing time this year.:lsup: :lsup: :crystal: :lsup: :lsup: :911:

2. clair

clair Rockets

they technically can ALL still redshirt, which is still possible if Alley comes in and blows the roof off tonight

You can play a little bit in the first game, and still redshirt

I think Scott and Keiland will play big roles this year, though

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I'm still worried about Alley getting too much playing time. He needs to shed about 15-20 lbs because that is added stress to his knees when cutting, plus I would think it to be wise to work him in slowly. Maybe run him 10-15 times tonight.

I thought if a freshman plays any, then they can't redshirt, unless for medical.

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Very often these prized freshmen recruits, who we don't neccessarily need to contribute in their first years, will come up with some type of "injury" that qualifies them for a medical redshirt. I don't think it's too difficult to find doctors who graduated from LSU medical school to determine that the freshman's "severely" sprained left ankle kept him out all season. :wink:

5. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Screw the redshirts. Use as many as you have to to win. Period.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

A couple will probably see very limited playing time on offense but could be major contributors on special teams. I would expect at least two of them to lose their redshirt unless JV shows something this week that he couldn't last.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

That is a medical redshirt & not the same thing. I don't think this is what actually happens.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Scott is obviously 3rd on the depth chart so there is no way that he redshirts. I think the coaching staff sees a lot of promise in Keiland & he has played in 2 games now, so I don't think he redshirts either. We'll probably start seeing some more of him later in the season, but he probably will stay 4th string.

Murphy will be the lone redshirt, and probably only because he came in so late. IMO, the coaches were looking to redshirt 1 of the 3, and Murphy just got unlucky. They are all good backs.

9. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

i agree but i think it's only for strength & conditioning rather than learning the offense. keiland didn't have that much more time than murphy and he's playing.

10. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Not the same as what??? And you're fooling yourself if you don't think that actually happens.