Frosh RB's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CJD4LSU, Sep 9, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Herman Johnson.

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Herman had a very serious spider bite that became infected. He was unable to practice or play for several weeks. He quaified for the medical hardship waiver because if his illness. He was not a play him and then sit him redshirt.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

His spider bite happened during fall camp. He played in two games, Ark State and MSU.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If I'm to do the research how much will our bet be for and who will hold the money. I suggest Brett, we can both mail it too him or put it on paypal.

5. cajdav1

From LSU:

The spider bite actually happened in the off weeks between summer conditioning drills and fall camp when he went back to Texas and was helping his mother move. They didn't treat it as aggressively as they should have and it became infected, no one thought a little spider bite could effect such a large man in that way. They know better now. We also has another player miss time with a bite from a darn Brown Recluse(sp?) that fall as well, can't remember which one off the top of my head.

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Back to the RB's,
    do you think it would be interesting to put Trindon at RB occassionally. Being 5-5 he can't really play WR very much except for like end arounds and screens. Other teams will catch on to that immediately and those plays will not have the surprise effect. What about put him in the backfield with AB or somebody?

He is so short that he could easily get lost behind the line and that could freeze the LB's for a split second until they see him come around the corner.

I would love to see that. I would like to see him eventually try out a punt return again.

7. cajdav1

They'll use him like they have, might even see him take a direct snap or two I guess.

8. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Since I am going to win, I'll hold your money, in the off chance you find serveral players (since it is so easy for a freshman to get a redshirt, you shouldn't have any problem finding 10-20 players) I'll send your money plus mine back to you, I am very trustworthy:)

9. cajdav1

I wouldn't have to find several, but I've already found one so just send me the cash, email me and I'll give ya my address.

And here's another one for you:

Brett Helms bio:

10. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

It's kinda like quoting from the bible, some people take just what they want, instead of reading the whole passage.

In other words, find me a healthy freshman that played one or two games and still received a redshirt, we both know we are not talking about freshman that are legitimately hurt.

We are talking about the growing opinion that you can play, come up with some sort of ill conceived injury and still expect to receive a medical hardship waiver for that year (as a freahman).