Frostop Root Beer

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anybody from Baton Rouge has probably drank a Frostop root beer in a frozen mug and knows how good it is.
    I hardly ever get by that area and there is only one in town.

Last week I was in a Rouse's and they had 24 ounce bottles of Frostop root beer for $1 apiece. I bought 2 to see if it was the same and it is. The stuff was stacked in cases near the store entrance so I don't know if it's a permanent item. I need to go back and get as many as I can in case it becomes unavailable.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    watson1880 likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Frostop has a mega burger daily special thats legit. The root beer is great. The floats are good too.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Your auto spellcheck got you again. :D

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Damn! I have to manually spellcheck spellcheck.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Well, with the other correction...

Anybody from Baton Rouge has probably drunk

LSUTiga, GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am gonna get me some of that, i live sorta behind the old governors mansion like 5 minutes walking from frostop

i also like their shrimp poboy, but it might not actually be good, i just like everything i eat

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oyster poboy was always the best.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Oyster poboy is my favorite even over shrimp but I never got one at Frostop. Have to try it next time I'm in that area. I don't think they are available on Waitr or Postmates. @Jmg since you live downtown do you ever go to the Pastime? I love their roast beef poboys. Last year I went there 4 or 5 times in one month just to get one but I haven't been back since.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i love pastime. i wish it stayed open late so i could go drink cheap beer with old people.

i am glad you asked because i ama big evangelist for downtown living, where you can walk to do things. i think driving all the time is bad for the soul.

i like pastime, i like bengal tap room, i like the bald eagle pub, i like walking to the river to see how high it is, i will like it when the library open, i like riding my bike to mathernes.

downtown is cool, more folks should live there. my parent live in oak hills and its nice but even to go buy a pack of smokes or 6 pack you gotta drive. driving sucks ass.

pastime pizza is excellent. they like to advertise their "famous" boudin pizza, so i tried it and really is pretty good.

suburbs have taken away our sense of community and made us fat and sad.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw a story today in the Advocate about how a lot of the bars and restaurants downtown have gone out of business. It said not enough people lived downtown to support them all.

I almost never go downtown but I did play at open mike Sunday one time at Jolie Pearl. Right after I graduated from LSU I lived on Costello Lane for about a year. Would ride my bike around the capital grounds at night.

Do you have a car? If no what do you do when it's raining?