Frustrating to be an out of town Tiger fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Feb 1, 2005.

1. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Let me explain. I am in the Air Force, stationed at Wright-Patt AFB in Dayton OH. The only way I can keep up w/ LSU stuff is this forum, other forums I look at, reading the BR and NO newspapers on line, reading Dandy Don. Also, I've started listening to 1210 The Score on the internet when I get home from work -- Jimmy Ott and some oddball sidekick. Really, all I'm interested in at this point is who the LSU DC will be, and whether we'll sign Perrilloux and who else we'll sign. I listened to Ott today and one caller asked him pointblank about Campo, and Ott's answer was vague, in my opinion. WTF is going on? It seemed like pretty solid info that Miles had a firm commitment from SOMEONE in the NFL ranks, but couldn't announce it until after the SB. That sounds sort of fishy, but OK, whatever. Then there were reports it was Campo. Now apparently it isn't. Again, WTF? If not Campo, who? This coach w/ the Texans, Olivetti, or, a coach on one of the SB teams? It would be nice to get a straight answer from someone. Dandy Don "reported" this morning it was Campo -- I realize Don is not a professional journalist, it's a free service, etc., but I mean, c'mon, it's getting a little ridiculous. I was trying to get some info from Ott by listening to his show today, and there are morons calling in about the Cubs and Astros' prospects this season.:confused: I will keep an open mind about Coach Miles, after all, he hasn't coached one game yet, but at this point, the way the DC search has "progressed" has, by all appearances, not been handled well. Maybe the end will justify the means and we'll get a great DC, I certainly hope so.

Regarding Perrilloux, I understand the kid is having fun with the situation, and that's cool, and no one really knows, but he and his family, where he's going. I've now changed my mind and believe it will be LSU -- based on several factors --- and let's all remember these are 18 y.o. kids and they can do whatever they want -- but if he commits to Miss St. after all this, I don't think he is going to be "Mr Popularity" in Louisiana. Hey it's his life, and true, LSU gets recruits from other states, but if he's smart and thinking about his future he'll go to LSU b/c his name will be gold in this state forever -- long after his playing days are over. :laflagwav

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well first of all, let me say "thanks" for helping to serve and protect our great nation. [​IMG] But, as for Les Miles and the job he is doing.... I think he's being as thorough as possible. The guy WANTS to win!!! As for as the DC, who knows? Les Miles could have easily hired "just anyone." I think it's admirable that he is taking so long to get a quality name. As far as RP is concerned... who knows? Like you said, I think he'd ultimately benefit from staying home. I'm a college sophomore, and to be honest, if I had a chance to go to school out of state, I would have jumped at it. It's very appealing to go somewhere "new." I think RP will stay though. I can't see how Coach Dautrive or Ryan's family could NOT be trying to sway him to LSU.

3. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

You make good points. And I'm thinking, my sources of info are probably not too different from folks living in BR and NO -- the TP, MA, DD, forums. Also, maybe it's more accurate that media coverage of Miles' efforts to hire a DC are the real problem, and not Miles himself. After all, they are merely speculating on what he's doing. I agree, he is looking for the best person for DC -- would have been nice though to have one in place NOW before signing date.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Thank you for serving our country, you are an American hero in my book. Looks like you enough sources to keep you relatively informed with whats going on even though you are not here in God'd Country. I for one have no idean who the DC will be, too many rumors floating around. Miles sure is good at not showing his hand so to speak.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Miles said yesterday that he cannot bring just anybody to be the DC at LSU to follow up Saban's defense. I think htta is a wonderful sign that he is after only the best. He said he has been beaten out more than once by an NFL team and that is a good sign IMO. We simply are not going to be able to pay close to what an NFL team will pay. He'll get a good one very soon.