FSC ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Sep 27, 2007.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Pretty serious stuff. If I had to guess, the student-athletes probably weren't members of the golf or tennis teams.

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Very few were football players. From what I hear it really wasn't a very serious violation.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If it does include football team members, I can't say I'm surprised. They have always had great teams but many of their top players aren't exactly what you would call "upstanding citizens". (Baton Rouge native Warrick Dunn is a pretty good guy though! :thumb: )

What sucks about these incidents are the effects on the alumni and fans. Imagine if they lost multiple scholarships and their team didn't recover for years. (SMU) Imagine if USC got whacked for the Reggie Bush deal and dropped below Arizona and Stanford in their conference. Imagine if we're just rolling along ranked in the top five and then learn of a scandal that strips us of previous wins. Imagine if Notre Dame...well that would never happen because the NCAA would never go after them and even if they did...could they really hurt them any worse than they already are? :hihi:

The fans become the victims when the team and university are penalized. That's why recruiting personalities should be as important as recruiting based on athletic ability.

Just like some fans...it's sad to see a few players blow it for everybody else.