Fulmer and Tennessee could be in some recruiting trouble.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jan 9, 2005.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Tennessee could be linked to several "Street Agents" in a new article that will be published in the next SI and the Miami Herald/other papers are soon to be writing about it as well.

What is odd about some of this is that several UT boards admit that really, really bad information will come out but the extent that links Tennessee is not really solid.

I have visited some boards and found some sketchy information so take it for what you will

http://tennessee.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=8&tid=46075295&sid=&style=2

http://mb10.scout.com/fmiami20779frm1.showMessageRange?topicID=117213.topic&start=1&stop=20

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Somebody want to clue me in about "street agents"?

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Tennessee is not done...When it comes out that Fulmer was deposed and making statements that alleged relationships of a sexual nature between Bama coaches and mom's recruits in order to secure their services...The fur is going to fly...

Bottom line...Tennessee is going down...It's been on the radar screen for awhile, now...But it's going to happen...

We found out about the Bama investigation and the blowup over it at breakfast in Birmingham at the 2000 SEC Baseball Tournament...It didn't come down until late '01 if not early '02...

These things gather like a dark thunderhead on the horizon out on the prairie...You see them long before they ever get to you...

4. TigerEducated

Runners that establish "Family Friendships" with recruits back in junior high or high school that end up with the recruit going to the school of the street agent's choice, and that ultimately end up with the recruit signing-if he has a pro future-with the runner's agent that employs him...

Kevin Faulk had one since he was in 7th grade...and Mark Roman, Clarence LeBlanc and others all had run-ins of a similar nature with runners/street agents for Tank Black...

I think this goes further...It's guy steering high school players to certain programs in exchange for monetary consideration...

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

TE, I have read quite a bit on this and I still do not think anything will be made of this.

While a lot will be exposed, I have yet to see or hear anything (outside of the Miami board) that DIRECTLY links these people to Fulmer.

Granted, I did see where someone said Fulmer "checked out" several guys and got the ok to continue recruiting them.....so I guess that is where the brunt will come from.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

The late Reggie White confessed on regional TV several years ago, after he was in the NFL, that he was paid to go to Tennessee. He stated, as a minister, his conscious was bothering him so he wanted to confess. However, nothing was ever done by the NCAA and the reporter who aired the peice shut his mouth and apparently lost the tape of the interview. ???
    Alabama fans appear to be correct about the NCAA and Tennessee.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

So Jr High kids are paid to become friends with other jr high kids that look like they will become great athletes? (or high school kids, whichever).

Then these "friends" try and get them to go to particular schools?

And a sports agent pays for all of this? The kid signs with the agent after he graduates...?

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm not getting it myself, CParso....Don't feel bad.

9. TigerEducated

No. "Runners" or "street agents" take the form of friends of the family-IE, guys anywhere from their mid-20's to their 50's...Just seem at first like fans of the recruits teams, who eventually disclose after they've built rapport with the family in question that they have a connection with someone either steering kids to the school or towards agents later on...

No as in 7th grade friends...Yes as in the friends I just described. They'll steer them to a school, and later to an agent...There are also different types...The kind of runner or street agent who doesn't care where a kid goes to school (Tank Black's were one example. They didn't care where Faulk signed, as long as he signed with Black later on), and one like evidently Fulmer's being linked with...

Sports agents pay for some...In Tennessee's case, this seems like the type of street agent who gets paid directly by boosters and/or illicit payments from either the Athletic Department or its representatives (Coaches)...

I can't believe you guys would think this kind of thing doesn't exist after the Albert Means/Alabama thing...Hell, LSU wouldn't even go to visit Memphis area kids after all the sh!t hit the fan...They KNEW all those kids were getting tied to street agents from jump street...Trezevant's HS coach was just a coach who decided to be his own street agent...and he got p-a-i-d...

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Do you mean recruits' moms? I just wanted clarification on this serious allegation.