Fulmer Cup Rankings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, May 12, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

View attachment 10971

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

No convictions yet for jail time or anything like that yet. One case will likely get jail time. The kid is no longer in school after he flashed a gun and robbed two students of $20 near the athletic dorm. Others have gotten probation, etc. Saban actually met with the Mayor of Tuscaloosa to discuss the frequent arrests. Saban's punishments to date have been a joke.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

When teams like LSU and Alabama keep team punishments "in-house" I am just curious how you know what all of their punishments were?

4. Proud Tiger

They are not always kept inhouse. Everything I have said I have read in the newpaper (most often the Huntsville Times by the bama beatwriter). When I said Saban's punishments have been a joke I could cite several examples openly reported. Perhaps the best example involves star WR D.J. Hall who got in Saban's doghouse and was suspended for the La-Monroe game last season. But to everyone's surprise, La-Monroe was winning at halftime so guess what......Hall played the 2nd half. it turned out not to make any difference since La-Monroe won anyhow.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The DJ Hall thing has been debated back and forth without an answer like most of yalls debates. Any others examples that wont lead to a huge debate. Just curious tonight.

6. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

What's a joke is your team's coaches teaching players to suicide knee bomb DL with illegal chop blocks and trying to pass it off as honest mistakes. Now that is a joke. Especially when anyone can see the tapes and clearly tell the intentions of the player were THE KNEES.

7. Proud Tiger

Nice try at diversion. One shouldn't throw rocks in glass houses.

8. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I don't blame you for trying to "divert". If my coaching staff condoned knee bombs I'd try to pick out anything I could on another team and scream FIRE FIRE FIRE in hopes no one would see my transgression either. But it's alright. The whole world saw it.....twice. :wave:

(The Grinch Music)YOU'RE A MEAN ONE, MR. GRINCH. YOU'VE GOT TERMITES IN YOUR SMIIIIILE!!!(END MUSIC)

9. Proud Tiger

Me divert? Hardly. The subject of the thread was the Fullmer Cup and since bama is in the top ten you want to divert to a different subject that should be of concern only to LSU fans. All the whining about this is history so you should either start a new thread or accept your place in the Fullmer Cup ratings.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Hey! Look on the bright side! It's not called the Saban Cup Rankings (yet).

:grin: