Fulmer Cup Rankings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, May 12, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Enlighten me. It serves a purpose, I just need some facts.

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

to use your own words, Bamabuzzard, you have a predisposed opinion and look at such matters unobjectively and with bias. (post #18 in the Coaches Hotseat thread)

If I were to show you videos that confirmed that O-linemen from Alabama, Clemson, and LSU used illegal chop blocks last season, would you suddenly deduce that Saban, Bowden, and Miles were "teaching players to suicide knee bomb?" ....... of course not, because in your words, you're unable to objectively consider such a football discussion.

Double standards are lame, and no program is without sin .....

[​IMG]

3. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Just find it a bit hypocritical that an Auburn Tiger is taking shots at someone else's coach for supposedly going light on discipline when your coach teaches knee bombing DL and potentially ending their careers. That doesn't strike you as....I don't know...ODD!!! :huh: And don't tell me they were "accidents". That's a big pile of tiger chit and you know it. If anyone needs to put a net up around glass houses its y'all. That's just down right dirty play and happening once I could easily say the kid just made a stupid decision but then later in the same season it happens again.....you're teaching it.

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Read cadillac's post above. You say we are teaching it. I say BS. Can you prove your accusation. No of course not, so again quit trying to change the subject. Or maybe you can just state that you have never seen a bama player make an illegal block, throw a punch, or some other unneccessary infraction. Throw the first rock for me....oh wait you already did.
    In any event, since this an LSU board I'm not going to argue the point further. I'm sure they have had enough bama/Auburn smack. if you want to continue send me a PM.

5. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I stand by what I said about being unobjective because I think it is next to impossible. But it still doesn't mean I'm not going to post. You just know going in I can't stand Auburn and odds are I'm not going to break my kneck to give you a fair shot.

Just as (whether you admit it or not) you do with Bama. So we're both using "double standards". I can prove that by your comment of "and no program is without sin." When the spotlight is on your programs transgression all of sudden you want the "well no program is without sin" mercy treatment but this damn sure isn't considered when you decide to pile on Bama. I've yet to see "well no program is without sin" when there is a Bama pile on fest. Matter of fact its the opposite. Bama gets ZERO slack, painted as if we're the only school in the country that does anything wrong. Yet BOTH of our programs rank pretty high on how many times we've "committed sin".

Addition:

Just because I can't stand your team or program I don't carry that same dislike to any fan of Auburn. Both you and the other Auburn posters are good posters and seem to know your football. Don't take it personal it's just a part of the passion of SEC football. I'd give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. Trust me.

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

The DJ Hall thing seemed to be answered pretty well according to the bama sportswriters. The game broadcasters even announced before the game that he was serving a one game suspension. Yet he came out dressed out to play. Why?....could it be just in case he was needed as it turned out? I'll let you make the judgement. It's history and makes no difference now. Hall's overall character/attitude background was pretty much in the open. According to some articles I read,that's why he wasn't taken in the recent NFL draft. What other reason would explain why such a talented WR wouldn't get drafted?

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Nothing like a good Pom Pom battle to start off the day.:hihi:

Sorry couldn't resist.:grin:

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Not that. You said you had several examples...which is what I was looking for. I couldnt find them on google which is why I was asking you.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

How come Bama fans never mention\explain the chop block penalty that was called against them during the LSU game in 2006? Dang, once again, there goes Bama setting a bad example.......