fun places to watch the game in Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WooAlabama, Oct 12, 2010.

1. WooAlabama

WooAlabama Freshman

Greetings and salutations! A few of my friends and I booked a hotel in Baton Rouge last night so we can be closer to the action for what is sure to an exciting game. What are some good bars to watch it at that yall would reccomend?

I want a place with a fun atmosphere that's close to the action, but where we don't have to worry about being harassed too badly. Don't want to walk into the lion's den! I'm pretty excited about the trip because the only other away venue I've been to was an Auburn (had a pretty crappy time there), and I'm looking at LSU for continuing my post-undergrad education.

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I would say Walk-0ns

Walk-On's

What would be cool is to be able to walk around all the stadium and get close to all the action.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Most of the LSU sports bars have visiting SEC fans on game day. The Chimes, Walk-Ons, and Ivars are sports bars near campus but there are a dozen more around town.

You should:

1. Consider going to the campus and walking around outside the stadium with a finger up. There are always tickets available outside the stadium, sometimes very affordable tickets.

2. Check with the regular Bammer travelers. I think they have a bar out in the eastern suburbs where they congregate in numbers.

4. WooAlabama

WooAlabama Freshman

I have heard good things about walk-ons. Define 'affordable' for the tickets outside the stadium haha. I tried scoring some tickets on eBay and the bidding went up to $800 :( This was just for upper deck seats too.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Tiger Stadium- I hear it is pretty lively and has a fun bunch of fans. Also, here the action is better than anything you'll ever see.:lol:

6. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Take care as to which finger.......

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

This.

Plus if you don't find one there will be plenty of tv's set up all over that you can watch with others and hear the roar of the stadium. Easily second best "environment" short of inside.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They are paying for convenience and a guaranteed seats and all together. But some season ticket holders come to every game with an unused ticket or two in their pockets. Sometimes even visitors. Many are far to dignified to wave them in the air and haggle over a price. They'd rather keep it and use the extra elbow room rather than sit with God-knows-who.

But . . . if a well dressed and friendly young feller was standing near the gate where they go in asking nicely for spare tickets he can sometimes find one at face value and sometimes even for free. I have a friend who has been going to games like this for years. The key is being prepared to sit separately from your friends, but if you are willing to accept single tickets, they can often be had for face value.

If you don't score any tickets by kickoff, you can still walk over to Walk-ons.

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

If and this is a BIG if

LSU is 8 and 0 a ticket will be tough