FUSC!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Sep 25, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yes, those USC teams of the mid-2000s were incredible. But since then:

-- #3 USC upset by NR Oregon St at Oregon St
    -- #2 USC upset by NR UCLA at UCLA

USC finished regular season at #8
    USC finished #4 (after beating #3 Michigan 32-18 in Rose)

-- #2 USC upset by NR Stanford at USC
    USC finished regular season at #6
    USC finished #3 (after beating #13 Illinois 49-17 in Rose)

-- #1 USC upset by NR Oregon St at Oregon St

Can we say, USChoke???

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

In 2006, when #3 USC (6-0) lost to NR Oregon State, they fell to #9 in the AP, and were ranked in the AP behind four other teams that also only had one loss (#4 Texas, #6 Auburn, #7 Florida, and #8 Tennessee). This year, #1 USC (2-0) lost to NR Oregon State in their 3rd game, and the only other one-loss teams in the AP top 15 are currently #14 Ohio State and #15 Auburn.

In 2007, when #2 USC (4-0) lost to NR Stanford, they fell to #10 in the AP, and were ranked in the AP behind four other teams that also had one loss (#6 Oklahoma, #7 South Carolina, #8 West Virginia, and #9 Oregon). This year, #1 USC (2-0) lost to NR Oregon State in their 3rd game, and the only other one-loss teams in the AP top 15 are currently #14 Ohio State and #15 Auburn.

There is nothing "realist" about your theory that USC will be ranked no lower than #7, and most likely #5.

1 person likes this.
  3. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

They should be no higher than 13.

4. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I only had a chance to watch the very end of the game, but I enjoyed every second I got to watch.

Geaux Tigers!

5. LikeMike

LikeMike Tigers eat Chickens

I think LSU would kick them out of bed the next morning and promise to call.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Tigers eat Chickens

Did I hear right last night? Did Mark May say that USC doesn't have a big line, but they are quick? That quickness accompanied by lack of size would crumble during SEC play.

I don't think having a team full of fast prima donnas on a team makes them "the best team ever"

The top 5 teams in the SEC beat usc 4 out of 5 times IMO. And a few others at least twice.

They are ranked by the amount of their 5 star recruits every year, but there hasn't been an OJ or Marcus Allen in the NFL in a loooooooooooong time.

Even their superstar qbs have ended up sucking in the NFL.

What did Flava Flav say? "Don't believe the hype" And a wiser man you would be hard pressed to find.

Can we all now at least agree that CLM is the best coach in football right now?:milesmic::crystal:

7. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Some kid who chokes under pressure and fumbles.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I can't wait to get to campus tomorrow and here my 120,000 fellow LSU fans talking about how bad USC sucks. Just when I thought Fridays couldn't get any better, USC learns how to lose on Thursday night. :crystal::crystal:

9. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Watched every second of the gamed and loved it.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That USC team went out there extremely uninspired with little-to-no fight in them.

It makes me appreciate the wonderful job that Les Miles does even more, as teams have to really bring it to beat us. Those guys from USC looked so nonchalant last night.

Oh, and my favorite thing was the announcers calling Oregon State "selfish" before the half for trying to get a TD on 3rd down, instead of "playing it safe" and going for a FG. WTF? And then there was a personal foul on the play.

"Playing it safe" is for losers.