FUSC!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Sep 25, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, that was annoying listening to that guy act astonished that Oregon St wasn't lining up to kick the FG with 15 or so seconds left, instead trying to take a shot at throwing it in the endzone... also mentioned that Oregon St might be getting too "greedy." I appreciate the conservative philosophy, but to act astonished that a coach would do anything but play it 100% ultra-conservative is foolish.

However, most annoying thing I heard from the announcers, was in the second half, when the one announcer some how came up with this idea that USC choking to a 24-point underdog made the Pac-10 look a lot better than people thought. I guess that guy didn't know that Oregon St got beat 14-45 by Penn State two weeks ago (Penn St put up 454 yards of total offense on them).

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Since the advent of the Les Miles era @ LSU, I don't even appreciate conservatism in football anymore. Play to win, baby.

3. Andouille

Andouille Guest

That was Craig James. He's horrible. I don't know how the guy has a job in broadcasting. Uninformed and annoying. What a great combo.

It was like 2nd down with 25 seconds to go before the half and he's chastising them for actually trying to score a touchdown.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Wow!

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Good info here.

This year it is a worse situation for USC as so many teams are still undefeated and may mean they fall much harder.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Play to win, baby.

That is officially LSU's mantra in case people didn't know.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

"Play to win" means different things to those that believe in being conservative and those that don't (split camp there).

I vote for what I read in Red55's signature:

"As always, Les Miles isn't afraid to gamble, going for the touchdown at the end when a field goal would do. This is a fearless team, and it plays like it." -- College Football News

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Actually, I think Les would say "Play for victory."

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wrong!:hihi:

Also, a trend has been established and the media may be getting a litle tired of the Condoms proving them wrong time after time.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Did the announcer call them selfish or greedy? Thought I remember him calling them greedy, but maybe that was another play.