Future LSU Baseball Players Drafted

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LsuTigerz, Jun 7, 2004.

1. LsuTigerz

LsuTigerz Freshman

Two baseball players who signed with LSU last fall were drafted in the second round. Reid Brignac (OF) ST Amant HS (#45 pick Devil Rays) and Blake Johnson (RHP) Parkview Baptist (#58 pick LA Dodgers). Hopefully Smoke can find some quality players to take their place.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Maybe they wont sign. We can always hope, right?

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Two is quite a bit better than what we have had drafted in the past. It seems like every year prior we havd had at least 4 drafted fairly high. I like the idea of signing more players that will be great college players and less that will almost certainly go pro right out of high school. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wasn't it like 5 years ago we lost about half or more of all incomers? that was painful. it was then turtle had to rethink how 'great' of talent he should recruit.

5. tirk

lost another one.

P Anthony Swarzak, Nova HS (Davie FL)

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

There is still a small chance that they could come to college. Zeringue, A Hill, and Sowers are examples. I didn't realize that they were 2nd rounders though.

Anyone notice how many people south carolina had drafted today before the 10th round? Like half the freakin team, but I won't miss them because we all recall names like Melillo and Powell giving us a bunch of problems. Hope they recruited well...

I also noticed that at least 7-8 players playing in the UL system were drafted high as well.

7. tirk

Uncanny that someone like Zeringue didnt take the money out of HS. Wasnt he a 1st rd pick?

Also, watching the Rice game yesterday....I think the RF's name was Hale for the Aggies...made me wonder if that was a brother of #1 pick Beau Hale from the Longhorns. I doubt it unless he wanted to be lynched or was outcast from his family. I think Beau Hale was his name and i think he was 1st pick or near it. not sure.

8. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Jon was a 3rd round pick.

Also signee, Juan Padron CLEAR CREEK HS 3B R/R 6'1" 205, was taken #352

9. tirk

thanks, so he improved his stock also. win/win for him.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So what is the usual breaking point where players will end up going to college instead of signing to go right into the minor leagues?