Future LSU Baseball Players Drafted

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LsuTigerz, Jun 7, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

2nd rounders usually go, 3rd rounders have to make a tough decision I believe. signing money and team factors in mostly. yankees=money expos=college

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So you can almost think of it in terms of college football players deciding to go pro. About the same breaking point.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

P Anthony Swarzak, Nova HS (Davie FL)

This guy is a really good pitcher but he had some arm troubles I heard and I think the Tigers were hoping he wouldn't go as high as once projected and then he just may come to LSU, similar to Dirks situation. What round did he go in?

4. cajdav1

I think it was more Smoke than Turlte, it happened in Smoke's first recruiting class as head coach if I rmemeber correctly and he said that in the future they were going to have to have a much more balanced recruiting class and not go after so many kids that were projected so high.

5. tirk

nah turtle is in charge of all that. he is a recruiting machine that never stops. smoke simply lets him run and authorizes his plane fare. Id like his freq flyer miles.

6. cajdav1

Yeah, but I'm sure Smoke is the one who has the final say on who they sign. It's his arse on the hot seat, it better be his decision.

7. tirk

yeah hes way more involved than Skip was. I heard skip had completely washed his hands of it in his last few years.