Future of John Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Mar 13, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You're misconstruing my meaning...and doing a fine job of it...

I was talking about Brady's off the court character issues. On the court, he's been yelled at by Bass, Hudson, & Minor, who've all had issues with him and bickered back and forth...

That also holds true for players like Brian Beshara...Who had to be restrained from him during a timeout against Okie State in the Sugar Bowl Classic in 2000.

I could say a lot about his on the court problems...I honestly think this is much more players overcoming inept coaching than pure coaching.

It hasn't shut me up for sh!t...and neither can you...It infuriates you that you can't cease my comments, nor deter me from making them...You sink to cursing, tossing out aspersions, alluding to Brady sleeping with a former girlfriend, and other totally idiotic tactics, but you just act more and more silly as you go along...

I have no problem debating his (lack of) merits logically, or illogically...SabanFan has made a comment to me regarding the timing of my comments yesterday, and they were timed for maximum a-holishness, and I succeeded.

I want to do this because I want to see all of you coalesce and come out of the woodwork. Because you all weren't saying a damn thing at 6-5 and 0-1...You were all calling for his head...Therein lies the crux of the problem...

Ardent Brady supporters like CRAWFISH & SabanFan were making statements that LSU should go in a different direction. That Brady was not the answer. The very bedrocks of Brady support on this site.

Now, they've changed their tune, and that'd make the 2nd time this season they've done so...

You see, even the BRADY SUPPORTERS QUESTIONED THEIR FAITH. They don't like talking about it, but they did. I don't care that they did, but what I care is that they'll come here and bow down at the altar of mediocrity as if they were disciples who never questioned.

The problem is that if even his biggest supporters questioned, then it's obvious that the guy ain't the guy...

Also, I'd like to go on record that when his biggest fans on this site were questioning, doubting, and openly calling for change, I challenged their opinions and mocked them. I openly called out SabanFan and told him he'd change his tune, as a matter of fact!

See, I don't change my sails with the changing of the winds...But it's obvious some people here who like to call themselves "true LSU fans" seriously do...I'm not some Jeffinbama, who disappears from site when we open up the SEC with a loss, only re-emerge to call out my status as an LSU fan...

I'm here, win or lose...Good or bad, and my opinions are unchanged...Deal with it...Or just don't click on the threads or respond...It's simple!

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

First of all, Brady is safe right now. He's in no danger of losing his job. I think this whole Brady runs off players thing is starting to get old. Who cares. Those players left, theres nothing we can do about it. He seems to have good guys here now that are dedicated to being good citizens and representing the school and the town well. It's not his fault fans dont come to the arena. He's not a politician. He shouldnt have to beg people to come out and suport a program that atleast right now is winning. But, he basically has begged all year for the peoples support. It's not just him begging, it's the entire team begging for your support. They are doing all they can to get people in there. I know this, a lot of stubborn people missed some quality basketball this year at the PMAC.

Brady deserves dome kudos. It takes a lot for him to have to take all this razzing he gets from people. Yet, he's done his job this year and has overcome a poor start to make this a memorable year to this point. What people dont realize is that by not going to the games or caring b/c you hate Brady, is only hurting those kids who bought into the LSU tradition and fan base and wanted to play here for those people. Who dont even come out when they win sometimes. Just a thought.

3. TigerEducated

Brady deserves credit for recruiting the starting 5 we have out there.

He deserves derision for running on Shawnson Johnson, Regis, Tim Bush, Tony Gipson, and the rest...Those could ALL be on our bench or rotating in right now...

I could go on and on...But you guys get tired of me bringing up things that your best argument to say something in defense of is, "It's getting old."

So, he makes mistakes you can't explain, but you're tired of hearing about them?

How about being tired of him making them in the first damn place?

4. BB

BB Founding Member

You seriously overestimate your worth around here - they have a word for that: arrogance.

You won't change your tune - good for you, Pavarotti.

You will not change your sails with the changing wind - good for you, Skipper.

I am simply urging you to cool it while the man wins. Brady has issues and Brady has liabilities - I don't disagree. However, there has got to be some break point where you give the man credit and see that he is adding value to the program (which is his job). There just has got to be a point where he gets some credit and some room to work - why can't he achieve that with you? I think it's because you have serious personal issues. I wish you well in your search for a therapist...

5. TigerEducated

You see, BB...You think I have these delusions of grandeur here...Some grand vision of myself...

Why would you think that, BB? If I were so worried about my "status" on this site, why would I take these stances and so steadfastly stick to my convictions, even in the face of "90%" disagreement, as you allege?

Why would I do something that could hurt "my worth" or my estimation of my worth?

It's because I don't care...This place doesn't "need" me, and I challenge you to find where I've ever intimated that it does...

I understand your concerns...You feel he needs the room to work...I say, he's been given that room to work and has done nothing but underachieve...You've all swept it under the rug until he puts together one run and gets the team playing well, and now 8 years of bullsh!t is down the drain...You forget how terrible this guy is...

He's been given plenty of room...But not by me...It's by those who are his ardent supporters...Because if he'd been held accountable, he'd have been fired a long time ago. It's also common knowledge that had Emmert stayed, his #1 agenda was to relieve Brady of his coaching duties...

He's got all the room he's needed...He underachieved constantly, and you all gave him a blank check, until he started winning. Now you claim I won't give him any room...

Give me a break, man...Please...

6. BB

BB Founding Member

There was a thread at the start of the season asking what Brady needed to accomplish to keep his job - I said make the Tournament and have the team in a position to make a run. For me, he overachieved and has one of the most dangerous clubs around. I would not want to play LSU right now.

The problem with you is that you have no on-court expectations that he can reach to your satisfaction. He can't do a damn thing in the present or in the future to win your approval. That sucks. That really sucks.

We have seen much worse in Brady's time at LSU. Nolan Richardson is one of the NCAA's worst human beings in history - he won two National Championships and NEVER GRADUATED ONE SINGLE PLAYER IN HIS TIME AT ARKANSAS. Look at Georgia, look at Tennessee, look at Auburn - so many teams would kill to be where we are right now. I like that...

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Always posting BS comments that cannot be verified.

8. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

The discussion of players leaving IS relevant. There are folks who are objective and don't just hate Brady -- they believe that he has shown an inability to build a team -- after all, whether players left of their own accord, or were "run off," it all winds up in the coach's lap at the end of the day. He recruited 'em. As for things getting old, I think we're past the point of blaming things on the probation.

Still, I think the performance of the team ON THE COURT justifies keeping the man.

I have read reports on this forum of huge arguments between the players and Brady in Houston in December .... pardon me if I give those "reports" zero credence b/c there are absolutely no verifiable sources to base these assertions upon. Even if they are true, and several players stated they "hated" Brady, I'd say that they sure seem to playing good, hard basketball lately.

For those of you who say they are winning "in spite of" the coaching, ... c'mon. You know that's silly and not fair. Stick to the facts, stick to objective criticisms, but don't waste everyone's time by saying Brady knows nothing about basketball and couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. The man may sometimes utter postgame comments that aren't the most cogent, and may violate some PR principles, but he's forgotten more basketball than posters on this forum have ever known.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

That stuff that happened in Houston is factual. But, those guys have banded together now and are playing great basketball. They are playing for themselves and for the coach.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Gee, I don't know...could be the fact that you come across as an arrogant,
    condescending know-it-all might have something to do with it.

Come down off your high horse, Napoleon...nobody's impressed. You have an opinion just like everybody else...and you are very generous about sharing it. And you are most definitely entitled to it. But that doesn't give it any more weight than anybody else's opinion around here, Ace. And it definitely doesn't mean that the rest of us want to hear you constantly harp on it.