Future of John Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Mar 13, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've been wondering when you would bring that up. I did question the direction of the program because, early on this season, I did not see a competitive team out there, especially given the talent we have. I now admit (pay attention, TE, this is a phrase you may want to adopt) I was wrong.

Private Messages should be just that...Private.

Enjoy that little island you are on TE. It's lonely at the bottom.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I think w/ some age and maturity, he may well learn another little maxim that
    will serve him well in his arguments: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Fire, no.
    Contract extention, no.
    New contract, no.

Next season will be very tough on expectations for John-Boy. 20-9, a co-divisional championship, and second day exit at the SEC will not be looked on kindly, especially if Bass comes back.

View the job over his entire run. I do not buy the defection line at all. Compare his work to Donovan's at that well known, historic basketball factory at Gainesville. Brady is giving 100%+, but is his 100%+ good enough to build a national powerhouse on a consistant basis?

(If anyone is not giving 100% at work, you are cheating someone, your employer or yourself. Read one of Pitino's books.)

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

He went 12-4 and deep into the NCAA's his 3rd year. He had 6 players earn degree by the Spring of 2001. Brady desrves tons of credit for pulling LSU out that mess FAST. It has never been a question that Brady runs a clean program, but the fact that LSU has only 2 winning SEC records since he took over. Do you think LSU fans would tolerate a football program that played by the rules, made the I-Bowl or Peach Bowl most of the time, but only had winning conference records every 4th year? We're not compairing oranges and apples, but the two biggest sports, historically, on campus.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Agreed on all counts. This team is playing very well and up to it's talent level right now...but w/ Tasmin, Gransberry, et.al., coming in to compliment an already talented cast of characters, expectations SHOULD be high next year.

I said it last year...if with that lineup and bench, Brady can't make a run to at least the Elite Eight next year, then it may be time for Skip to start looking in another direction. However, I think it is imperative for him to at least be given the chance to coach all the talent he has brought in here.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

The only way Brady can run a player off is take away his scholarship. Johnson and a couple of other JC players are the only ones that I recall being dismissed from the team. I remember when Cooper and SaliMance left they stated it was because there was too much pressure to win at LSU. Both struggled as freshmen until late in the season. I think the reason they left was because, due to lack of a point guard, they wer both forced to play before they were ready. The fans were just as impatient with them as they have been with Tack. I remember Brady expressing disapointment when they left, as he has with Koundjai.
    Brady was forced to take chances on recruits such as Young. He had little choice with restrictions on visits but to offer kids that had defects that other schools would not touch. Remember Duhon and the Moutons went to Duke, Texas, and Maryland.
    If some one knows how you can recruit players when you are not allowed to bring them on campus you should have spoken up a few years back.

7. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Now Mouton WAS run off at Tulane

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Why in the hell would you pvt TE? I guess you learned your lesson.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

TigerEducated,
    The team was 6-5 and was playing well below their ability. Damn right I said LSU would need to make a change if that pattern "kept up".....

Brady and the players turned it around and finished the season 12-4 in the SEC. I call it like I see it. I've defended Brady for the last couple of years on this and other sites(as if anyone gives a chit). Who cares if I thought Brady did a poor job earlier this season, really? The bottom line is he has this team playing a HIGH LEVEL. All of us should be proud of what this team has done.........

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm very proud of the LSU men's basketball team.