Future of John Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Mar 13, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He PM'd me. I just responded.

2. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Players leave today for PLAYING TIME!!!!! Get with the program TE.. It is happening all across the country. I think it is fantastic that Temple and Thomas were able to be redshirted this year.

Great high school players do NOT want to have any part of not being in the starting 5 at non-elite programs... PERIOD. If you have any knowledge of anything remotely related to basketball, you would know this.

My only hope SF is that JB gets shipwrecked on TE's lonely island so TE has to live with that envy forever. And you know what kind of envy that is.

3. SabanFan

Oooohhh Yeahhhh.

http://www.extremefunnyhumor.com/fun_dearpenis.htm

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The problem with this is that JueMichael Young, Shawnson Johnson, Tony Gipson, and Regis Koundjia were not by any stretch of the imagination great players. They were 5-6ppg at best role players. Why couldn't they have stayed around to give our guys breathers?

5. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Good question. The only one that I feel that I am well versed in this situation is Regis. He was flirting with the NBA and was told he would be a 2nd rounder. I have no clue who was giving him this advise, but he thinks that he is an NBA player.

I go back to my previous statement that there are very few Ross Neltners and Whipples in the world today that understand and accept their role in College basketball anymore. It makes it even more of a difficult task in finding those type players and assessing them in high school whether or not they can provide those roles in the SEC. It is very easy to recruit a Davis, Tac or Bass. Las Vegas could never put the odds on how successful a potential role player will be. Can you imagine these days recruiting a high school player and saying that I hope you will start one day but more than likely you will be playing 10 to 12 minutes a game in a supporting role? There are 300 Division 1 schools that have 1500 players that start each year for them. Good high school players want to get in and start right away. The ones that don't usually transfer and go a grade down in quality of a program from even where we are. Name one of those players you mentioned have gone on to great careers at other places that were better in stature that LSU. I would think if he were running off McDonald all americans (Duke has lost one of these) or Mr. Basketball's in Louisiana, you should be concerned. These guys wanted to be stars and didn't have the games to cut it or the character to warrant being on the LSU basketball team.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It is nice to see that you are seeing the light. :geauxtige :thumb:

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Regis was a Parade All American. What he could do in high school apparently didn't translate well to the college game because the only thing I could see that he did well was jump.

That said, I wish he would have stayed because a jump shot can be developed, a 35" vertical cannot.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Regis reminded me soooo much of "Ice" Reynolds. Same build, same athleticism.

9. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Its crazy that people are talking like this now. Now all of a sudden Brady is God. We have had a great run the last 2 months and thats all it is a run. I agree that I was the first to bash Brady and I will continue to do so until he proves he can win any game. BTW, a good coach would have had a play on the UK free throw with 6 seconds left in regulations. I dont think our play was let our CENTER/POWER FORWARD drive the length of the floor and throw up a prayer.

10. SabanFan

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050314/SPORTS/503140337/1006

Hang on to your hatred of Brady. Meanwhile, the rest of us are having a ball.