Future of John Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Mar 13, 2005.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You've placed your hatred of Brady over the Tigers winning. It must really drive you nuts to see this team winning, knowing that Brady will be here next year.

Sad, really sad...

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

No, not God...just one of the 96 head coaches in the country still coaching a college basketball team this season as of today.

ANY game?

Well, the record shows he won 20 of them this year. So you can officially STFU now.

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

People get really defensive when a guy wins 20 games around here. People need to take a step back I think cause I agree with TE. I want the Tigers to win and if Brady can pull it off, cool. I don't hang out with the guy so I don't care one way or the other. I just think this is his regular back-against-the-wall pulling things together at the last minute.....doing enough to save his job stuff he is able to pull out of his hat every year.

Next year, we'll be back in the same spot we were last year. Bass leaves then you're back to the unknown again and he'll struggle to put together a 19 win season. We'll be a bubble team again, we'll lose a few games early that we shouldn't and we'll be 16-9 and wondering if we'll make it. One guy gets hurt next year....namely Davis and the seasons done cause he only plays 7 guys.

When we get to a time when the season starts there's no doubt we're in the tourney no matter if one or two key guys gets hurt.....cause he plays 12 reguarly for about 5 years in a row....then we'll name the guy the next Wooden of Baton Rouge. Till then, for me and many others, it's a year to year watch and see what happens deal.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I started to respond, but there are too many stupid comments to respond to.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

There are MAYBE 5 schools that have a program like that, and they're all basketball schools. If you can find that kind of coach, you hire him. Until then, you manage your own expectations.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

So what are you saying? That if he does enough to save his job, he should be fired?

Would you rather be 16-9 and wondering if we're going to make it every year, or 9-16 KNOWING we're not going to make it every year? There are an awful lot of schools out there that would love to have that kind of choice.

Some of you guys aren't going to be happy until this does happen, apparently.
    Wouldn't matter if the coach's name was John Brady or Meyer Lipschitz. Your
    expectations are unrealistic.

7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I'm talking about a school where we go to the tourney 12, 13 years in a row and you knew it was gonna happen every year. Maybe a Sweet 16 in there, maybe one and done maybe a couple Final Fours.

That would have to be North Carolina right? No that was us.....and that was us at a time when the SEC was a hellava lot better than it is right now.

You guys need to step back and look at this objectively. Either that or start the Brady Brown Nose Bunch. The guy should have been fired last season and would have been if Emmerit and Saban hadn't left. He makes a good rebound this year and I'm happy for the guy cause he looks like he needs a bunch of rest and some sort of medicine.

But just because we win 19 or 20 games one year and then go back to 16-14 next year and the next and then goes 21-10 the fourth year......that doesn't mean we should build a statue to the guy. You know there are schools that do better every year right? And there are teams with good all around sports that do better.

Just because you win in football....that doesn't preclude you from doing fine in basketball or swimming right? The guy pulled it out again and yippee for him. But the SEC just isn't the ACC in basketball OK? If we were in the ACC and didn't get to play Georgia and Ole Miss and Auburn twice we wouldn't be going you realize that right? I left off Tennessee....oh that's right we were blown out by a 14-16 team. Forgot that......

Anyway, lighten up dudes.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Sigh...SabanFan had it right the first time.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Please just answer one simple question: Did Brady do enough to keep his job?

As for the ACC, how many of those schools compete in all 3 major sports?

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

FIRE EVERYBODY, no playing favorites.

I had a professor in a German class that didn't get me completely fluent in the language, so they should fire her too. An elite German professor would have done better.

And some meter maid gave me a ticket when my parking tag fell off the window. We do not have elite meter maids, and they should be fired.

Speaking of fire, I heard that was a fire a few years back that wasn't put out immediately, so fire the fire fighters, those bums.

And Tiger Band. Yea, fire them too. They can't even dance like Southern, but we're an elite school and we deserve better. Fire 'em.

And lastly, that guy Skip. Has he ever won anything? Fire him too.

Don't even think about CLM, consider it done.

FIRE EVERYBODY. WHY? BECAUSE WE DESERVE BETTER SINCE WE'RE LSU AND THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER! Isn't it??