Future schedules

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by alumni95, Mar 1, 2004.

1. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

Here is an interesting link to the 2004 College Football schedules.

link

NationalChamps.net!! (notice the love we are getting at the top of the page, anybody know who that is??)

Scroll down the home page to the updated 2004 Schedules, DON'T use the FUTURE SCHEDULES link on the left (it's not updated, just see ours...)

Anyway, after doing a little research (checking all schedules), it appears to me that the most realistic replacement may be...
    N. Illinois or TULANE! I say most realistic, because they are the only teams who do not have a complete 11 game schedule AND are open on Sep 11.

Other teams including Syracuse, Marshall, Wash St already have games for Sep 11 and have a full 11 game schedule. Not saying it's impossible, but these other options would probably have to pay money to back out of existing contracts for their Sep 11 dates.
    9/11/04 (we'll never forget that date!)
    Syracuse at Buffalo
    Marshall at Ohio St
    Wash St vs Colorado

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Northern Illinois.....bank it

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Syracuse has a road game at Buffalo on September 11 in their tiny 31,000 seat stadium. They would make a lot more by getting out of that game and coming to Tiger Stadium.

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

thats the SECCG MVP and the National Championship MVP.....Justin Vincent!!!

5. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

I know it's not a perfect world...

BUT... how do we get off being so high and mighty and getting bent with Marshall and VT (pansies) for backing out on us for better (?) options for them, and then approve of Syracuse doing the same thing??

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You think USC fans are pissed with the website for putting Vincent (LSU) at the top of the page and Bush (USC) at the bottom?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think Marshall wants to get out of playing Ohio State or Washington State wants to get out of playing Colorado so that leaves Syracuse as the best replacement for Houston. IF LSU can't schedule a team at least as good as Houston they should just tell Houston to play us since they have already said they would if we couldn't find another game. I don't want to see Tulane or even worse Florida A&M.

As defending National Champions we are the highest and the mightyest.

8. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

N. Illinois may be a total flop this year, who knows, but they were pretty solid last year.

I guess we will hear some big news soon... maybe within the week?

9. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

I thought I remembered hearing that we might get an announcement on the schedule by this past week.... oh well??

some more info...
    Oklahoma was scheduled to play Florida A&M on Sep 11 but wants out of that game bc FAMU will not move up to Div 1A this year. Well, Tulane announced their schedule this week and they are playing Florida A&M on Sep 11. So Oklahoma is now free to line up w/ Houston, as long as we get our game.

To me, all signs now point back to Syracuse. They are scheduled to play @Buffalo on Sep 11. Of course if they could delay that game, why would they not want to travel and make more money and exposure on a likey TV appearance in Death Valley.

on a side note, N. Illinois finalized their schedule by adding S. Illinois on 9/11. So they are out. As stated before any rumors of Marshall are most likely inprobable as they are already scheduled to play Ohio St.

so while we play the waiting game, anybody have any fresh ideas on who the new opponent may be?

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Have u seen the abc champions commercial?

It starts out with LSU and there are like 3 or 4 clips of us and at
    the end they have 1 quick clip of USuck