Future schedules

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by alumni95, Mar 1, 2004.

1. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

actually I am shocked that ABC would even credit USC at all. Afterall, ABC has millions invested in the BCS, which if I am not mistaken was won by a certain Tiger team from Death Valley, LA!!

2. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

OK, back to topic... anybody have any more info or guesses to our opponent?

3. rookie

rookie Founding Member

I think it would be a major move for Syracuse to get out of Buffalo as I am sure politics within the state of NY would play a major role in that matchup. That would be one of Buffalo's biggest games in their history I'm sure to have Syracuse visit. I would say it would be almost comparable to say LSU vising ULM.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

ABC also shows the PAC-10 games, so they also do want to offend those people.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You heard the rumors, the asistant AD, Dan K., said that he isn't going to announce anything until everything is signed and that he wasn't as sure as the Houston AD that the deal was going to get done as he has been going through this so much lately that he has learned that an imminent deal does mean didly, basically. I'm sure they are doing some severe money negotiating right now. One team is probably trying to hold us up for the same kind of money that we are going to pay Oregon State and they normally don't pay that much. We should ask Houston to honor the contract IMO.

6. edyel

edyel edyel

I thought by looking at the message boards of other universities who may be candidates to replace Houston it may come up through "leaked" info. Most A.D.'s and coaches have kids who visit boards and can't stand not to share the information they heard during dinner conversation or the walls at night. Anyway I haven't found anything going to a lot of websites from using www.collegesportsinfo.com. Especially Syracuse,right now they are all basketball on their boards. Some of you more sluthful guys may be better at digging it up but I sure would like to know who replaces Houston,it can mean a lot down the road.

7. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

I agree edyel, this waiting is driving me crazy too! I can't find any info and I have been looking hard!! I tried your link but it was dead (collegesportsinfo??). Hopefully it will be cleared up this week.

8. edyel

edyel edyel

I clicked on the link and it says website does not exist. I typed in www.collegesportsinfo.com and it comes up. The site does exist. Maybe try again.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

There is simply no reason for LSU to replace Houston with a lesser team. Houston has said that they will not back out of the contract if LSU can't find a replacement.

If we can't get a team better than Houston, then we should simply tell Houston to show up on 9/11.

10. eric d

eric d Founding Member

This may sound like a dumb question, but can anyone post an actual story that says UH wants out of the contract, or has gotten out of the contract? I live in Houston, and have not heard anything about this other than what I read on here. Not that UH has a very big following anyway, but still seems like word would have leaked. There is also nothing listed on either teams official website about a change in schedule. UH went to a bowl game last year, and will be .500 or above this season which will be a much greater help to SOS next season. In other words, LSU should try to keep UH.