Future Tiger Stars, and...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSU Logic, Mar 30, 2011.

1. LSU Logic

LSU Logic Founding Member

This is the thread for the wayyy too early to tell predictions on future tiger stars, and who you forsee to be more of a low impact type of player (cutoff is for the 2010 class and specifically impact being underrated, low impact, being over heralded):

Future Stars:
    Ware(a little late on this, but Ive thought this since his highlights as a qb in ohio. Moves for days, solid and great vision)
    Martin(similar background to Mo, qb best players on small team with no exposure)
    Magee(love the way this guy runs, low to the ground, great vision and hips)
    J. Collins(he and Martin are my two picks for the secondary in 2011, though others are high on Jenkins and Eugene)
    Wright(also late on this, but thought that since last year. Like how physical he was in highschool highlights. Just get that good feeling about him)
    Wing(local lure is high on him, and im interested in seeing the rugby twist for this young punter)

Low Impact:
    Fobbs(never been a huge fan of smaller receivers)
    Turner(see above)
    Ferguson(never got the hype in the highlights, measurables sure, hope that Im wrong on this one)
    J Allen(don't see it, strange body type also, almost too tall and not enough to fill out, maybe a future tackle if we didnt have such stellar talent already)
    Beckham(might be a more solid contributor than fobbs and turner, but I see nothing more than a Jared Mitchell type role)
    Porter(I can say all day that I thought this before he was asked to grey shirt, but it wont matter haha. Either way, dont see him being more than a backup)

Please note that this is based only on a very amateur opinion. I do not claim to have any facts or skill to validate my points, just pure instinct. Also, I pull for every Tiger. I hope that I am right about the future stars, and wrong about the low impact players. I hope all tigers succeed on the field and in life. For fun, predict now, so we can bump this thread in the future and see how on or off we were

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Anthony Johnson will be a top 5 pick.

3. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

I soooooooooooooo wanna see Sam Montgomery Blow it up this year, I think he is gonna be a beast. I can't freaking wait!!!!!
    :geaux:
    :helmet:
    :tigereye:

4. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

This.

5. LSU Logic

Yeah, I was thinking more about the lesser talked about recruits. If I did have to talk about one incoming freshmen that I believe will have the biggest career in the class, I would actually go with Jarvis Landry. His highlights were crazy good, and he looked smooth and sure handed in the Under Armour game. I think it speaks volumes as to how well he did there. Offense can really suffer in a quick game like that due to timing and rhythm, the nuances of the position. He is a physical blocker, and just has that it factor like TMat7

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He has a shot at some early playing time especially with Tolliver out. He will have to fight off Wright who is in the lead as the #3 WR and Boone who is not far behind. We will see a lot of Deangelo when we have 4 WR sets so I think it is very possible we opt to redshirt him assuming we stay healthy. I think Armand could be a year away while he continues to get develop.

7. LSU Logic

Forgive my yearly bump as I try to keep track of our guesses and make projections for the upcoming year.

There is still plenty of time for the above mentioned players to make an impact, but there are some early impressions that can be taken away from a young team.

As for the upcoming class, these are my new predictions:

Boom:
    Travin Dural - guy just seems to get it. I think he will be more successful than Avery as a wide out. Im thinking Avery might shine more on punt or kick returns.
    Davis - I see this guy as next in line for a great DE. I love his first step. After some fine tuning of his technique, I think this will be another class favorite. I also really like Hunter in this mold as well.
    Mills - Out of a really talented secondary class, I think this guy will be the surprise. Under the radar, but saw his hips at the camp on youtube and reminded me of Mathieus hips. Not at all comparing his play making ability, but I could see him being a shut down corner.
    O-line - pretty much love all the recruits on this O-line. i think it is a great class for them all around.
    Fiest - think he and Davis are gonna be playmakers on this years D

Possible Bust:
    Grainer - depends how he rehabs, hope it all comes together for him
    Holmes - isnt showing the production level at all, but luckily we have the talent to mold guys with low productivity and high ceilings. Could be a good kick return guy with that speed

For the most part, I think this class is underrated. Not many huge splash type names, but solid all around. Love how we have become more Louisiana-centric with Frank Wilson at the helm as recruiting coordinator. Probably also has to do with extra great home grown talent lately, but love the way we are recruiting extra LA kids. I think Phillips will be great if we can get him as well. Really looking forward to this line backing corps. I know we lost Devall, and didnt go after McFarland or Lathan, but I think those guys may have been more rush type ends anyway, and I like what we got in Hunter and Shiro. I do think that we are letting one get away in Alonzo Moore this year. Wish we had room. Would have rather taken him than Holmes, but I think Holmes has good chemistry with other members of this recruiting class, and that can be more important than just over all talent.

The chemistry is what has set us apart this year. We have great talent, and depth, but I think how our team relates to each other is something that other coaches havent figured out quite like Miles and Wilson.

Thats all for now, but I look to revisit this thread in the future

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Mettenberger to Beckham.

You're way way off on that one.

He's going to be special.

Ware is going to be nobody in the NFL. He will be the forgotten one next year when Hilliard takes over his carries.

9. LSU Logic

islstl:

Yeah, I was terribly off on the Beckham thing. Thats whats fun about projecting to me. I kept this thread bookmarked so I could go back and see where I went wrong and learn from it, and enjoy it. I will always be the first to admit my mistakes, laugh at them, and then try to learn from them. As I said in my first post on this subject back in March, I hope I am wrong about all the busts, as I love the Tigers and hope to see them all do well.

I think its safe to say Beckham surpassed most if not all of our wildest expectations and this was only his freshmen year.

I dont know about Ware and his NFL future, but I think we can all agree that he hasnt looked the same since he got busted this year. While I think he has lost a step, so to speak, I think Hilliard is also just that special.

You do not come from the blood lines that he comes from, and set the LA rushing records like he did for no reason. He already is and will continue to be special in a very loaded backfield.

I hope Ware gets back to last years Cotton Bowl form, you never know when you will need depth, and it doesnt hurt when we have multiple players from the same position continue to do well in the draft and the NFL representing the Tigers.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I really appreciate this thread...thanks for the effort.