Future Tiger Stars, and...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSU Logic, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I still think J Landry can be a beast at WR and could be really electric in the return game, both K.O and Punt returns. I am looking forward to him getting to catch some passes next year and show what he can do after the catch.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Watching Landry play special teams this year has gotten me pretty stoked to see what he does with the football in his hands. Not to sound too cliche, but the guy is a "football player" and you get the sense that he would be good at whatever position they put him at on the field. He's laid out some licks this season so far. I'm looking forward to some vicious downfield blocks in the future.

Beckham has a nose for the soft spots in the defense, not unlike Josh Reed.

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I still think we were better with Landry getting Shep's snaps...

4. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

As I have sid before I would love to see Landry get in the rotation at the CB position. I think he would be great with his ball skills and his bone crushing hits he could be a great one IMO!!!:tigereye:

5. LSU Logic

LSU Logic Founding Member

I could definitely see Landry being great on the defensive side also, but more so as a safety than a cornerback. I dont know that he has the elite acceleration required for cornerback or the hips, but thats no knock on the type of athlete he is. Also, he is extremely physical as you have seen on his blocks during special teams. This guy craves contact. He has amazing hands, so it will be a huge asset to have him on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully he can master his route running, and with better qb play really have a chance to shine in our offense other than in just run blocking.

I had to add to this thread. Cant believe I forgot Hunter. This guy is another sleeper on defense and after some development, this guy will be a huge stud. Luckily we already have talent, so we can recruit guys with high ceilings and invest the time to develop these "diamond in the rough" type players a la Claiborne & Williford(perhaps hunter, hawkins for this years class). These guys are worth the risk usually only if you already have a talented team, and we are lucky that our staff is usually really spot on for its talent evaluation.

Also, I know Philips is supposed to commit on 1/20, so Ill say now, I loved his highlight reel. The guy can flat out tackle. He has great initial burst and seems to be able to read the play very well. His form tackling was the most impressive aspect as I rarely saw poor technique, and the ball carrier only went straight backward. Im excited about this guys as well