FYI.... Lavalais in action Saturday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cadillacattack, Apr 28, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

For those in Atlanta or maybe travelling to ATL this weekend:

According to an interview with Jim Mora , Jr this morning, most of the Falcons new draftees , along with their free agent signees will be playing in a full practice and mini-scrimmage on Saturday that will be open to the public. It will be held at the Falcons complex in N. Atlanta. He had words of praise for Lavalais and indicated he could see time playing at the noseguard position as a way get PT in his first NFL season. I can't wait to see CL teeing off on Tampa Bay.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Great news. Thanks Caddy.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I look forward to hearing more good news about Chad Lavalais playing for the Atlanta Falcons.

Isn't it strange how a player can be a nemesis and an opponent whilst in college and suddenly become "part of the family" and a hero when he's drafted by the hometown NFL team!

Maybe the Saints can draft Cadillac or Ronnie Brown next year!

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Not so fast Lafitte. I'm not a Falcons fan, nor much of an NFL fan for that matter. But Lavalais impressed me last season and he's a bit of an underdog .... just the kind of player I like to root for. BTW - I've been a KC fan since birth. Just thought you Cajuns might like to know that CL is being well received here in Hot'lanta.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thanks for the update. I like Lavalais more than the saints so I hope to see him crush Brooks and force them to get a new QB. Preferably Ro, then pick up Lavalais as a FA in the next year or two.

6. lsuirish

lsuirish Founding Member

to a friend of mine in Atlanta when i was reading this thread. he says that the sport shows, dawg fans, etc. are all excited as hell about CL coming to the falcons.

i have hated the falcon since forever. went to a game in like 69. snow, fights and i think we won. anyway, with Dunn, McClure and now CL there. i will have to pull for the players to do well.