FYI on Lavelle Hawkins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Maderan, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I never knew what happened to this kid, thought he had decided to stay in Cali or got cold feet or what not. It seems he never qualified. He went to Juco and is now on his way to CAL. This also answers our question about Powe, he can transfer to LSU after only one year in Juco.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Remember though, Hawkins was already eligible and that could be the major difference.

3. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Was he eligble? I read that he did not qualify. If so that def. may change things.

4. max

max Founding Member

I think Hawkins went JUCO for a year because he signed LOI with LSU. He couldn't transfer to another D1A and play as a freshman. I'm pretty sure he qualified last year. I think he left LSU because he got culture shock and home sick for California after a couple of weeks here.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Lavelle Hawkins did qualify and was eligible to play as a freshman had he remained at LSU.

6. goldentiger

goldentiger Freshman

Once a student enrolls in a jc, his clock is running and he has to complete 2 years of eligibility at the jc level.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Correct. He can't transfer directly to another D1 school and play right away. He'd have to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility as well, unless he wins an appeal to ncaa I believe. By going to juco for a year, he can play while there and stay in shape and such... This coming season he'll continue on with D1 play once he officially transfers there.

8. BigJ31

BigJ31 Founding Member

Screw Hawkins he wasn't even man enough to tell Saban face to face.