Game Analysis and thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Oct 12, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I think I am the only one that isn't completely freaking out...Don't get me wrong, I am ridiculously pissed, but I guess I am not completely freaking out.

Yes, Mauck looked terrible. But he has taken us a far way and I think some people are forgetting the terrible mental mistakes that Josh Booty used to make. If Mauck continues to play like this, then maybe he isn't as good as we thought...but I still think he is and I just think he had a bad, bad game with nothing going right.

One thing I am worrying about is our running game. Did we miss Shy that much last night? I personally thought Vincent would have a breakout game. But it just seemed like whenever we needed them to pick up 2 or 3 or even 5 yards, they weren't there.

At least we aren't in Texas' shoes right now?

Let's not forget how easily we could have won that game had our offense just scored. They only scored 19 points on us. While I did see some weaknesses in the D last night, our sacking was once again top notch. It wasn't like it was 39-7 or anything. We lost that game for ourselves...

One more thing...did anyone else see our weakness at LB exposed last night. It seemed like every time the RB got passed our line, he was guaranteed 6 or 7 yards....That is all in the Linebackers, I think.

All in all, I am not even close to going anywhere near pressing a panic button. I still think we go 10-2 or 11-1. We are still a very good team, who just played like utter shit last night...Like I said, we lost that game because of how we played...Florida still doesn't impress me.:lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug:

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The D has come to play every game, if we can get the offense
    to play like the D has NO ONE will Beat us.

The blown coverages can happen, although people talk bout
    it, It can Happen in Most football games, college or pro.

I think the line had a Bad game, I too, thought Vincent would
    have a break out game because he's looked good everytime
    I've seen him playing

3. danky

danky Founding Member

wuddabout randall?

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Wow I hope you are joking. We can't give up on Matt this fast. He has gotten us a far way. I don't think the Georgia faithful wanted to give up on David Greene just because he couldn't adjust for our blitzes and threw two picks....Bad games happen and Mauck will be fine next week, IMO

5. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

I've liked Mauck from the beginning but saturday someone(s) were obviously out of sync out there. Receivers turning one way and the ball going the other. Personally, I would liked to have seen Mauck taken out for a series or possibly two so that perhaps he could have seen what was going on a little better. Of course that doesn't have anything to do with receivers going in one direction and the passes going in the other but maybe he would have been able to get a better grip on what the UF defence was doing. Sometimes it helps to see it from a different perspective rather than having to live it.

No one should count the Tigers out yet. I think they bounce back strong against South Caroliana this weekend and are still likely to win the west.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Sucks

The team sucked

we sucked (the fans)

The Coaches sucked

Now its done its over we can not do anything about but live with it and forget it.

NEXT:geaux:

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Re: Sucks

I agree 100%, nothing about that game seemed right....the fans were not in the game, it was like we were playing W.Illinois.