Game ball for Jesse Daniels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Lost in the euphoria of the game winning drive and the Addai touchdown is maybe the play that won the game. On Florida's last possession on 3rd down Jesse Daniels open field tackle on Leak (one of the best atheletes in the SEC) stopping him 1 yard short of a first down probably saved the game for the Tigers. Had Leak made that 1st down the Tigers probably wouldn't have won the game. Jesse played an outstanding game even before this amazing play. He is a hero and deserves to be recognized as one.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Good point. Critical play and beautiful tackle.
    ________
    No2 vaporizers

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Many young playes matured tonight. I've posted this on another thread but this team ain't "done" yet.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree, the team played like the pressure was off their backs and i thought that was the under the radar play of the game. You kinda knew it when it happened we were gonna do it. well, deep down I did the way their defense was so tired. dont remember seeing a defense that tired since LSU in the Sugar during the last commercial timeout. I wish I woulda filmed them trying to simply stand straight.

LSU O-line who got pushed around most of the first quarter tonight...seemed to gel somewhere and then decide to kick ass. they worked as a unit tonight...finally. great to see us back to form.

5. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

That was a big league tackle. Nice play by Jessie.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It should not be forgotton that we won by 3 points. We've been hard on our placekicker this year for his missed PATs, but we won this game on his 47-yard field goal.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Best play of this young man's career at LSU. I did not think anyone would have been able to stop Leak on that play from getting a first down. Daniels came out of nowhere.

Gutsy performances up and down this team....incredible TEAM effort.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

why arent you on your way to Minute Maid?

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Very good point and overlooked in the whole scheme of things. It didn't appear that Leak was gonna be stopped when watched in real time. He was full speed ahead and looked to be a couple of steps away from a first down, Daniels came out of nowhere, talk about closing speed! I would have bet money that Leak was gonna get past that first down. Great tackle!

Also a good decision by the coaching staff to punt it off instead of going for it with just over 3 minutes in the game. I was thinking maybe they should have gone for it on fourth, thinking that may be our last possession. Great decision to punt and great defensive stand by our boys to get the ball back! :geaux:

10. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

I agree. He did seem to appear out of nowhere to make an almost impossible stop.