Game ball for Jesse Daniels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Oct 10, 2004.

1. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Also, not sure who the receiver was (maybe Andre Caldwell), but he made a nice play in the endzone to break up what would've been like a 50 yard TD pass. Big way to bounce back for Jesse.

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Excellent point. And, the entire D played great ball last night. If you think about it, when their backs were not right up against the end zone, they kept the FL O from getting long drives or quick strike scores. Our D basically contained them all night. Other than giving the FL O the ball inside the 20 twice, our D held strong all night.

It wasn't perfect, but our tackling was a lot better. The open field tackle by JD was just a great highlight to a solid night for the D.

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Off the top of my head I am pretty sure LaRon Landry had coverage on him. ALso TD made a huge endzone swap on 81, and Chevis Jackson made a great pass defense in the 4th.
    We got great depth at DB considering we lost Webster and Stevenson.

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Nope, Landry was a step or two behind Daniels and the receiver. He was there, but Daniels was the one who broke up the pass.

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I just saw the replay, and LaRon Batted away a pass to 81 Dallas Baker in the endzone in single coverage in the 3rd quarter. That was the play where the ball was batted up and almost landed on the receiver when he was on the ground, but luckily it bounced on the ground nearby.
    By the way, why was Melvin Oliver at DT? Did Wroten get hurt, or is this typical?

6. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Should be SEC def player of week

I was happy to hear that Marcus Randall was named SEC offensive player of the week. Jesse Daniels should have been named the defensive player of the week.

7. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

are u kidding...jackson missed a 30 yard chip shot...the reason it was blocked b/c he didn't kick it high enough...u should be able to kick a 30 yarder so high it's impossible for the defense to block it AND make it w/ ease

8. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

i looked at the replay and the kick was still very low

of course if zinger just did his damn job, this would be a moot point

u can't solely blame jackson b/c of the poor blocking, but i would have love to seen a bit more air under the kick

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Absolutely

If Daniels doesn't make that tackle then we likley lose. Game balls should go to Jesse Daniels, played his best game of his career IMO; Joseph Addai on offense - a true warrior-like effort; Gaudet on Special Teams for making extra points!

I know Randall played a sensational game and he probably should get a game ball too. I hope Coach Saban continues to start JM Russell and bring Randall off the bench because it serves two purposes. One it gives Russell a chance to continue to develop and gain valuable experience and playing time and for Randall it eases the pressure he puts on himself.

But finally the offensive line played like they were capable of. I'm sure it had everything to do with Saban challenging their manhood last week.

Hopefully it will continue.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

That happens most of the time but with a decent kicker it's not a problem. And when you add in that Jackson hit the guy in the shoulder pad, not his outstretched hand, it was really a poor kick.

1 for 3 is not anything to write home about but his 2 long field goals did look pretty good.