Game Day Guide

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Don't know if any of you use this site, but shows the other teams each week who's loss would positively affect your BCS standing.

For example, it benefits you for Bama to win and Penn State to lose....

Game Day Guide - Preferred Matchup Winners For LSU

.... just another way to pass time before Saturday....

1 person likes this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Interesting. Quick glance suggests we might come out on the short end of the stick this week.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think that is an understatement. :lol:

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

That seems overly simplistic. Basically it's just wanting the lower ranked team to beat the higher ranked team in every instance except for when LSU's opponents (ranked behind LSU) are involved. In that case it benefits the Tigers for them to win every game to improve the strength of schedule component. This doesn't really take a genius to figure out.

#1-#8 we want to lose. Any of this year's opponents not ranked higher than LSU we want to win. If 2 of our opponents are playing each other, it benefits the Tigers for the is higher ranked opponent or the one with a better conference record to lose.

I suppose it calls for a 'Bama win to benefit LSU because we have yet to play them and if they stay undefeated it benefits LSU more (ranking wise) when they beat them. It makes more sense to me to want them to lose since we already have a conference loss and if they lose we'll be tied for the SEC West lead.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Hawk

LSU wins out they will be tough to stop from going to the big dance!

LSU breaks out against Auburn people will not be talking based on AU has no D!

LSU beats Bama the world will change for this year!

:milesmic:

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

It's been a tad frustrating this year to have my Hawkeye games on TV at the same time LSU is playing... your Florida game/our Michigan game and tonight your Auburn game/our MSU game... so again I'll be taping your game.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll both find an offense tonight. Good Luck!!

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

for us in the top 10, yeah it really is that simple.
    click on some of the teams on outside looking in, and there are a LOT more games that matter.

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Good read, thanks...

It's an understatement that we both need to win out... or benefit from much, much help. I read this morning that based on who's beat who this season, Iowa has played the 9th toughest schedule so far.
    Should we win out, big if, and still not "get there", we'll definitely look back on where we had to start in the polls. We started the season with 16 returning starters, having beaten #3 PSU last year, won our bowl game against South Carolina easily, and riding the nation's fifth longest win streak... yet barely made the top 25. Ole Miss, on the other hand, had a similiar "history" going and were ranked in the preseason top ten.

Now that I've done my little spew, the Hawkeyes still have more to prove to themselves than they do the nation. KF teams historically get better as the season progresses... and our offense is starting to come along.

Iowa and LSU both need a win tonight... and I'm pretty sure that is all either team is thinking about.

10. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I hope you have a strong heart, Iowa fans should have defibulators.