game decision will be made friday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Sep 16, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

How is making the decision at 8 am this morning too late? So what if some fans can't go tailgate several days in advance. It's only a 6 or 7 hour drive from Baton Rouge.

LSU football is packed and ready to leave ... fans should have been ready as well.

Nick Saban said he wants to play this game, if possible.

I'm starting to wonder if the real reason some fans wants this game cancelled is b/c they think we'll be a better team in November...

If it's safe to do so, I say ... PLAY BALL!

2. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

I have a question. I understand that the football team will be flying in today. Is the Big Mamma Jamma 18 wheeler that contains all of the football equipment going to be able to get to Auburn? Between all of the evacuees returning and the torn up roads, it will probably take a while for that Big Boy to make up to Auburn.

3. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

It wiil take much longer than 6-7 hours to drive to Au. All the people that evacuated wil be returning home today. I am sure if you checked with Alabama state patrol they would tell you to be prepared to sit in traffic for many hours.

I had to go to FLorida fom Atlanta the day after our last hurricane. A trip that should have taken 10 hrs took almost 22.

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Not the flora-bama, noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't think there is any damage along the interstate system between BR and Auburn. The bulk of the traffic will be on 1-10 between Slidell and Mobile, about 100 mile stretch. Once to Mobile, you head north on I-65 and north on I-85, which is the opposite direction of evacuees returning to the coast.

It may take longer, but they'll get there ... could be a long night for the equipment people getting everything set up!

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Unbelievable.

It's nearly 9am central on Friday, some 28 hours before kickoff, and Auburn *still* hasn't "officially" announced what's going to happen with the game.

This some 18 or so hours *after* Alabama announced that their game Sat. evening is still on.

Frankly, I'm starting to think the "announce as late as possibly publicly to supress the number of LSU fans who attend" theory has something to it.

What else could possibly explain this delay?

7. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Where will the decision be announced, or better yet, make sure ya'll post that sh!t ASAP. Half the hospital is waiting around this computer for news!

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

:hihi: My biology professor just talked about how it's gone and he'll miss it.

9. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Thanks for the JBO link! I wish they would hurry the hail up and let us know something! If game is on, I am heading to the barn. If not I'll be going check(unboard) my place in Chauvin. Neighbors say we missed all the damage, thank goodness.