Game in Mobile?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Jun 5, 2004.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Anyone know of a place to watch the game in Mobile? I've called the Wings in Mobile and Daphne, neither thinks they get the station. I know CST is a BR station, but is it not in any satelite packages? Thanks.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I called around to a couple places and couldnt find anything, either. Im just listening to it.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Get your butts to BR if you want to watch it. Lazy bastids.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is that Mr. Whipple, the former spokesman for Charmin toilet paper?

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Guess it's time to change the sig. Saw that post from whom ever I quoted in b-ball season and LMAO. I assume he is referring to #22 (?) for the Tigers.

Don't have a clue who the Charmin Whipple is.

:dis: :sob: :shock: :po: :rofl: :thumb: :cool: :cry: ;) :D :laflagwav :lol: :confused: :angry:

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mr. Whipple - Fussy supermarket manager (played by actor Dick Wilson) who was famous for saying, "Ladies, please don't squeeze the Charmin!" While Mr. Whipple always chastised his customers for squeezing the Charmin toilet paper, he himself was an habitual offender. The Mr. Whipple campaign was created by the Benton & Bowles Agency in the mid 1960s. Ironically, the first Charmin commercial was filmed in Flushing, New York. Other characters on the TV spots were Whipple's twin brother, Elmer and Whipple's son, Gregory whom he instructed in the art of "Charmin." Dick Wilson (a.k.a. "Mr. Whipple") is now spending his days in Henderson, Nevada squeezing the complimentary rolls of Charmin he receives from Proctor & Gamble each month. <FONT face=Arial>The original 504 ads ran from 1965 until 1989 putting Wilson in the Guinness Book of Records for having the longest running television commercial. In 1979 a poll showed that the Mr. Whipple character was the third best known American, behind Richard Nixon and Billy Graham. Born July 30, 1916 in England, Dick Wilson, 82, returned to the small screen in 1999 after a 14 year hiatus (and two strokes and brain surgery) to film a series of new Charmin commercials as the still every fussy Mr. Whipple. Prior to his Charmin involvement, Wilson had been a stand up comic, stuntman, acrobat, and a movie actor. Dick's Mr. Whipple character gave him such a high profile that his career in movies was basically over. After all who wants to see Mr. Whipple kissing or killing somebody. <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT size=2>Wilson's TV credits included the role of a local drunk on BEWITCHED for nine years; a cop on THE MUNSTERS; Colonel Gruber on HOGAN'S HEROES; and Dino Baroni on MCHALE'S NAVY. TRIVIA NOTE: Pop Culture psychologists conjecture that Mr. Whipple represents the primitive male authority figure. When he sees women finding satisfaction is squeezing large, round tubes of "irresistibly soft" Charmin, he asserts his male dominance over the tribe of female shoppers and nips their desires in the bud. Of course, the same women soon return to find Mr. Whipple wallowing in his own double standard of squeezing satisfaction. In medical terms, Whipple is the name of a very embarrassing intestinal disorder known as Whipple's Disease.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Now I remember. Please tell me you copied that from somewhere and didn't recall it from memory :hihi:

8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Good work. This will look good on your permanent record.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In my amazement that there could be a living American who didn't know who Mr. Whipple is, I did a quick Google search and in less than a minute was able to post more info about the notorius Charmin squeezer than anybody wants to know. Ain't the internet amazing?

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Google is amazing. You probably know this but if you type in a phone number including area code but no hypens it give you the name and addresses. cool tool that I use at work often.