Game of Thrones season 7 thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 4, 2017.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

....and we only have to wait 22 months to find out,.. "Night gathers, and now our watch begins".

fanatic likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Time to rewatch The Sopranos

StaceyO and HoopHound like this.
  3. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

1. Where he promised to go only without the army Cercei said she would send.
    2. Yes. He wants that castle.
    3. .Kinda moot now.
    4. YES.

It will be Arya's chore to kill Cercei certainly. I don't think LF would be a welcome sight to Cercei but Bronn might be. I like the Hound comong along for the ride. He already told Mountain he was going to be the one who re-kills him. Did you notice that when they were face to face they were about the same height ?? Didnt used to be as I recall.

fanatic likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I was thinking 'The Wire'.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I recently binged watched Dexter

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

1. I thought about that, but he has 1 hand and no army. What can he do? And why would they welcome/trust him? He does have a Valerian steel sword though, so he does have that going for him.

2. Fair enough, but Tyrion did say he'd pay him double (2 castles?).

3. Maybe if the whole wall came tumbling down. But as far as we know, Castle Black is still there. But I guess everyone there is headed south now. Although the north seems like the safest place to be now that the AotD have breached the wall at Eastwatch

4. As much as that surly bastard hated Sam AND knew exactly where he was, it seems out of character for him to let that slide, since it was his most prized possession.

If/when Jaime gets North and tells Jon/Dany that Cersei has no intention of honoring their treaty, I would lure the AotD right to Kings Landing and force her to fight. Or (and I've mentioned this before) lure them to the Bloody Gates in The Vale. That strategy might not work now that the NK has an ice dragon.
    Speaking of the dragon, how does Vasyerian (sp?) even fly with holes all in his wings? And he seemed to be a lot faster. I guess the NK's magic helps with that too. And what kind of flame was that he was shooting? Far as I could tell, the only difference is that it's now blue.

7. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

1. Jamie is down to just wanting to do the right thing but can't bring himself to kill his sister-wife. Wante to redeem himselkf to Brienne
    2. Tyrion hasnt the authority.
    3. The wall is as good as gone unless there is a little magic left in it.
    4. Huge Mack truck plot hole but they just didn't have time to go into it. No idea if the books did or not.

Zombie dragon is dead and has no need to worry about imperiling himself so he's full tilt gonzo where the others like being alive. Them dragons fly pretty easy given their little wings, this is suspension of disbelief time. : )
    Blue flame is real, hotter actually.

Clegain Bowl will be epic, cant wait for that.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have a theory on who the Night King really is. I think he was, before he was turned, Garth Greenhand. I'm linking Garth's wiki. Tell me this doesn't fit, especially if the white walkers have powers that seem to mirror but in an opposite type way that Garth had. Let me know what you think? The timeline would be right too. Imagine the King of the first men being captured during the war between them and the CotF and the children turning their king into a monster that has powers along the same line he had but with an air of death instead of life like Garth.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Garth_Greenhand

9. LaSalleAve

Jaime would be a valuable battle commander. He would also tell everyone of Cersei's betrayal and then Bran could confirm it and know he is being honest. I think that alone would be enough for Jaime to be spared and welcomed. Not to mention Brienne and Tyrion would speak up for him, sure he killed Jory and pushed Bran out of the window but that was part of Bran's path and Bran would forgive. It was Tywin who orchestrated the Red Wedding, not Jaime. Jaime also promised Catelyn he would try and get her daughters back to her, he failed with that but he did help Brienne a few times. I think he would at least be allowed to honor his commitment until the war vs the dead was complete.

Maybe Bronn will get the Twins. 2 castles currently the Freys don't really need it considering they are dead.

Sam doesn't have to go back to the Wall. He was sent by the Lord Commander to become a maester. He hasn't become one yet and has valuable information plus the King in the North would want Sam close to him. I don't think Randyll had the time to go track down his son and get his sword back.

I think you will see Jon attempt to send everyone he cares about except Dany to the Vale for protection. I don't think they would want to lure that army to the safest place in Westeros that isn't Pyke.

10. LaSalleAve

One more observation. Anyone else have a theory as to why unGregor didn't step in front of Cersei when that wight charged her? He has stepped up numerous times even when she wasn't being threatened.