Game on... Advantage who?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DarkHornet, Sep 17, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

All I've heard this week is how Auburn's best chance to win is by playing now as opposed to later. Is that true?

First off, did Auburn practice those days while Ivan was coming in? I know LSU went on with business as usual. If they didn't, then that could give LSU an edge.

Secondly, I don't look for their home field advantage to be as great as if the game were on Nov. 6th. I don't think they get anywhere near capacity. I think this gives LSU a little bit of an edge, especially if we are able to hear calls at the line fine.

The fact that with these things, Auburn still thinks they have a better chance this weekend as opposed to next speaks volumes for how much they think Saban can improve this team over the next month and a half.

2. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

I do believe Au players have had a lot more distractions than the LSU kids. I do believe that this push to play this game now instead of waiting could bite old tubby in the a$$. We know Nick will have the team ready to play. I dont believe Tubby has the ability to keep his kids as focused this week as LSU will be.

3. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Hurricane Game

Okay, this is the "Hurricane Game" and we win these named games, right?

Although they won the "Cigar Game."

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

they also won the interception game.

however, when the name involves some sort of disaster (earthquake and fire) we kick their ass

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I can't wait, some kind of storyline always comes from these games.
    Kinda like the onside kick game a few years back! :thumb: :grin: :grin:

6. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Tubby's interest in playing this game now as opposed to postponing it until later is strictly conjecture on the part of this forum's participants. Who knows what his thinking is? I think coaches would generally rather play earlier in the season and have an open date later in the season. I'll bet that has more to do with it than a fear of facing an improved LSU team later.

LSU 16
    Au 13

:geaux:
    and Gig 'em Ags! :thumb:

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I don't think either team has an advantage in this game being played early. We wish we could have more experience for some of our young guys, but Auburn wishes they had been able to practice yesterday. This will be a hard fought game on both sides and I'm hoping that the real Tigers come out of this game with a well earned W.

8. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I think, this early in the season, neither team has definded themselves. I think this could be one of those team definding games for either team. We'll have to wait and see but I expect the game to be somewhat like our first Georgia game last year.

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

It won't make a difference ... now or later ... LSU shall win

They have a defensive scheme and athletes "SECOND TO NONE".

What is Auburn's greatest strength ... It's running game ... sure

LSU has the best run stopping crew in America ... on any field ... dry especially :wink: If they took the cover off and let the field get about 3 inches of rain ... LSU has a "wet game" under their belt ... advantage LSU

What is Auburn's latest gimmick ... The new West Coast Offense ... :nope:

You don't teach an old dog new tricks ... and you don't install a complicated pro offensive system in 7 months ... So Campbell knows a few new plays ... who's running them ... Joe Montana ... :nope:

Same old personnel ... only now they have a few screens and halfback passes to throw to Brown and Caddy ... Mix and Obamanu ... BFD :dis:

So what ... better athletes on the field for LSU and great defensive coaching means quick adjustments to stop anything they are being successful with.

And don't forget the Blitz schemes LSU has not been applying in the early games ... Campbell rattles ... easy ... just pop him hard under the chin strap once ... the word is out ... Muschamp will have them laying the pads on old Jason early and often Saturday. I would not be surprised to see him fumble in this game more than once ... Let's hope LSU is there to pick up their share and score on turnovers. Without consistent offensive production, AU will stall and be forced to punt ... early and often ... to a dangerous LSU special teams crew ... and then, there's the LSU Offense ... but that is another story

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I hadn't considered that AU may be short a number of fans for this contest.

And, yes, the wet field advantage should go to the team that has recently played on one. However, is the field going to be that bad off by tomorrow?