Gameday Location

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUZouave, Nov 17, 2003.

1. LSUZouave

LSUZouave Freshman

I can't say I'm surprised but I'm very upset with the location for gameday this weekend. Ohio State and Michigan. I understand how huge this game is for us and the rest of the BCS but they covered the Ohio St. game last weekend. Infact, this will be the third Ohio St. game they've covered and the second Michigan. I don't understand how they could pass up an SEC game. A 'power' offense against the nations best defense. Not to mention they know they would get a ton of fans out to their set. Bias against the SEC continues......

-Kevin

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

please...that is the matchup of the weekend. If Ole Miss had not lost to Memphis, we would most likely be the marquis matchup of the weekend.

gameday is not important at this point...beating Hotty Totty Ole Miss is.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Beating Ole Piss is the important thing, but it is still madening how in love the media is with the Big 10.

4. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

That's just because they want you to believe it with all the polls, jargon, and crap.

We all know Ole Miss had Texas Tech and Memphis beat, just lost in the last few minutes. They are just as good as Michigan or Ohio State. ESPN/ABC has the MOST influence in polls and public opinion and that is why you think Michigan is great. Have you actually seen the press time the Big Ten gets on ESPN??? If all your guys tout positively about the Big Ten on the air they are going to get more "props" from pollsters. Did everyone forget that Michigan lost to Iowa and Oregon? Iowa is respectable with their D, but c'mon Oregon.

Bottom line: 10-1 vs. 9-2 or a 9-1 vs. 8-2

The home team would win in any of those match-ups. But, LSU would beat them all away!!!

Don't buy into the cheesy Nat Champ Rankings it will all come out in the wash. If Ohio State beats michigan away, give them the stupid National Championship game. I'll take USC for the #2 spot anyday of the week!!!

5. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I blame The Rebs !!

The crowd shots of the throng behind Corso & Company would have confused viewers. They would have thought they were seeing:

a) A Mud Wrestling Match in the Talladega Infield.
    b) A History Channel documentary on the First Battle Of Bull Run.
    c) A&E s "Klan Weekend"

6. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

They (national media) don't want to give the SEC any media momentum late in the season. Anymore attention would take away from the their national 'darlings'. They want the team with the broadest fan base, USC, OSU, ND, TCU, Penn ST, to win. Screw the BCS, screw the media, lets win them all and give a big middle finger to those who doubted!

7. gflasck

gflasck Freshman

That's not the stupidest thing I've seen on the bbs's this week, but it's close.

Your family must be very proud.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I thought it was f*ckin' hilarious.:D

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Eh...who cares? Chances are the Big Ten will be left out of the NC game...

10. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

You are kidding right? Ohio state is ranked ahead of LSU in the bcs, and michigan is ranked ahead of Miss. Given that and the fact that Mich/Ohio St. is one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports, I see it as a no brainer that is where gaeday would go. There is no vast conspiracy.