Gameday to LSU....Again.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Sep 30, 2007.

1. edyel

edyel edyel

Don't get me wrong Podkatt,I do understand your pain and I wish I was in a position to do the tailgate every homegame. Tell the rugby boys to FO and take all the space you want.

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I know having gameday on the parade grounds really sucks for the people who tailgate there every week, but the area around the PMAC is already packed on game day without the additional crowd that ESPN GameDay brings.

IMO there really isn't a better place than the parade grounds unless LSU decided to allow ESPN GameDay to be held at the track stadium.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

ok, so more lsu fans show up on the parade grounds to show support on national telivision when espn gameday is in town. this makes them bandwagon fans?:confused:

4. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

If LSU wanted too, the pmac area could be empty. Just move the TAF stuff back inside where it used to be, the radio show back to the AD Dept. studio where it used to be, and cancel whatever 3rd rate band they hired for the day (Molly Ringwalds excluded)

heck, you could setup gameday on that promenade in front of the journalisim building. You'd get a nice shot of TS, PMAC, and Mike's new home in the background, and im sure the Journalism building has the facilities they would need.

btw, salty, not that im questioning your honesty, but where did you find this out?

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Yeah it does when that is the ONLY time you see them!
    Not to mention the fact that their tailgating "stuff" they are taking out of the package for the FIRST TIME!

Kind of like ALL THE MOTHER****ERS that showed up for the Oregon St game in 04!

6. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

so inconvenience the thousands of people who pass the PMAC (TAF, radio show, the band, the golden band and team coming down the hill, mikes cage) every game day so you don't inconvenience the hundreds that tailgate on or near the parade grounds.

I understand why you are frustrated, I would be to if they setup right next to me. I just feel that the parade grounds are the best option for that large of a crowd. I don't get why the rugby team needs to be there though. Don't they have fields out by the rec center that they can use?

7. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

whacha talkin' bout? the only people my idea incoveniences is the folks who work for lsu (and yes, TAF folks have to walk (god forbid) an extra 15 feet to go inside instead of a tent outside) mikes cage is still fully accessible and they arent even near north stadium drive (its a night game anyway, espn is done at 11 am.)

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Because every season the play a game on the parade ground most times its during a ****ty game.

I hope LSU has the mind to ask them to pick another game or MOVE off the PGs

As far as Gameday goes so they wont be in anyones way put them on the Tennis Courts!

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

[​IMG]

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27815&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=1252851

10. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

You guys are lucky you haven't experienced the "Game Day Jinx".

I have started to dislike seeing them!