GamePlan for McNeese

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ozarkbengal, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

I am like most most and would really enjoy a big offensive display this weekend. But, I think it is imperative that the QB's come through this game without any setback to their confidence. Great strides last weekend and an ugly/turnover/int ridden victory this weekend is not a winning recipe for the rest of the year. I'd like to see JL throw for 330 yds, but I'd rather see a methodical, dominating performance with no turnovers/penalties. Style points are not going to help this team in any way in the national picture. Improving and gaining confidence and swagger will. Do what we do best and get better at it. That's what this weekend should be about.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We will see a balanced offense and no new plays to show the SEC defensive coordinators.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would like to see just some power running, maybe get Ford some more runs, and Blue, and Ware.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Ridley better not get more than 8 carries. Get a 2 TD lead and let Ford, Ware and Blue get the carries.

Let those young WR play - Boone, Wright, etc and don't leave the starting D in too long.

I don't care if we score 50 or not. We have too much to play for. Win this one and let's talk about Auburn.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

5. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Ford showed what is to come from him last week. Fits nicely into what Ridley brings. Same plays/scheme when Ridley needs a rest. Should get his time this weekend for those who have been wanting to see his "more touches".

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Lee, Lee, Lee, and more of Lee.

Even if Jefferson were to have a decent passing performance, it would mean nothing coming against McNeese. We know that he's not very valuable in that department against the big boys. That experiment needs to be shelved. Lee needs the reps that he was so wrongfully denied in the earlier part of the schedule.

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

This, I would actually like to see all four QBs play in this outing. Give Ridley the week off to freshen his legs, and let's get ready for next week. I don't care if the score is 7 - 0 at the end.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Doesn't look like Blue will play in this game.

I expect to see a lot of Ware and Ford. If anyone needs a rest it is Ridley.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bhelm, i have been hearing that Gore is being looked at as a receiver, any validity to that?

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He practiced at both WR and RB during the fall before getting injured. Fully healed now.

But I don't expect his redshirt to be taken off this year.