Gamers

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 2, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In the 80's when arcade games started replacing pinball in the bars, I played some games and got good at a few. But I never had so much as an old Atari in the living room on the TV, much less the new gaming devices. I just have never had time for that particular home activity. With a job that sat me in front of a computer all day, I limited my time interacting with another screen. Never did a lot of computer gaming either.

Still, now that I carry the iPad when traveling I find myself playing some games while waiting in airports or hanging around a hotel room.

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

i won an atari out of a box of captain crunch cereal when I was about 8. Thats the only video game I ever had. Played frogger and pitfall a few times(came with it) and then got combat a little later. But I never really could understand the draw of it and always ended up going outside. In college bunch of buddies were into it and I tried to like it then but still couldnt get into it so while we were hangin around drinking and them playing video games I went squirrel fishing.....toss line with treble hooks out window baited with french fries usually, wait for squirrel, hook squirrel, reel in, had a heavy leather work glove I would grab em with and knock their head against the wall, and get the gravy ready. It was actually quit surprising how many I caught doing this. Nothin to get a dozen in a couple of hours of them "gaming" and have them cooked and ready to go that night. Some of those guys def grew up different from me and were fascinated with some the stuff I used to show them.

KyleK likes this.
  3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Is that the board that gives you a ton of the old '80s games like Centipede and Pac Man? I wouldn't know how to hook it up.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I have a ps4 and I love that thing. I have been playing far cry 4.

The last of us was a brilliant game, can't recommend it highly enough.

I also have a ps vita, current playing guacamelee. And a 3ds that mostly collects dust.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I never got into video games other than the ones I used to play in bars where you put a quarter in the machine to play. Back then I thought how cool it would be if they had a football video game. Then they did but it wasn't what I had envisioned. More of it has to do with your skill with the controller than anything else.

Now with the advanced virtual reality machines that some pro and college teams are starting to use that might be the type of game I had wanted. On where you are the QB and can read defenses and actually throw a football in the VR setting. Those systems are probably very expensive.

Being completely inexperienced with the controller, I was talked into playing some video boxing game by a guy who insisted I play. I had Muhammad Ali and he had Butterbean. Ali got knocked out.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Butterbean doesn't look like much but he can bring it

Bengal B likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I like the EA Sports college football better than Madden. There's tons more plays on O and D and in my opinion, it's more fun. That's really all I play. My son loves Assassin's Creed too. He has all of them and I think a new one is coming out.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The new one is out, came out 2 Friday's ago. I broke down and bought madden and I have the ultimate LSU team playing for the Saints, just don't have a center, kicker, or tight end.

9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I'm sorry but those "gamers" you see out in Vegas or wherever in these big stadiums or arenas playing in their tournaments with their pasty skin are all a bunch of dorks......get outside and live a little

red55 likes this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I get bored running the same plays over and over again. You don't have that issue with the college game. Plus, if I get tired of running LSU's default offense, I can choose another team's offense for LSU to run.