Games of disinterest

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 9, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Trust me I wish LSU would rise to that level.

2. LaSalleAve

Saban just got lit up

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How much would it take to get Urban Meyer to Baton Rouge?

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I know and excuse me for spouting off,.. it's more about me vs defeatist pac fans.

5. LaSalleAve

Man that’s tough. Sell your soul for a championship, would you do it? I personally can not stand Meyer. I like Saban more than Meyer. The next big thing is out there somewhere.

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I'm sure you're probably joking but that would never happen. Ohio state is his alma mater and he doesn't have to go through Bama every year to win over there. I hate Urban as much as the next guy but I would "sell my soul" to get to that level. I grew up a Saints' fan. Nobody hates or understands losing as much as I do.

7. LaSalleAve

Man, you know what’s even more shitty, Nick Saban is actually way more likable as a person now than he was when he was at LSU and most of his career at Alabama. I don’t know what has happened to the dude. He seems like an actual human being now. I want to hate the dude so much, but with every passing year it gets harder and harder to hate him. Fuck Alabama though.

8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

That's who I wanted when "I am the search" experiment started. A longshot, but not impossible then, imo. Doesn't hurt to ask. But looking at it now, it's obvious that no big name coach is gonna come to lsu with Alleva & King etc. running the show. Fisher got tired of Alleva BS & is at A&M.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's been a weird series of years for the SEC East but I can't take anything away from what UGA has been able to accomplish this season. However, there is a caveat here before I'm going to say "Georgia is apparently doing it the right way." {sic}

If you recall back in the summer while Tap was slobbering over Harbaugh I tried, in futility, to point out how many seniors UM had lost from their team in '16. UGA has 31 seniors they're losing for '18.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I have a Daughter who plays AAU basketball. There is one team that comes through occasionally who is sponsored by Nike. They have every great player known to man. The general consensus is, why bother playing them with their significant riches. Since they sucked up every great player, it’s really just an exercise in futility. OK, just wanted to finish it off with that thought. Cheers to LSU and 2018!

stevescookin likes this.