Game's Over... Will they stay or Go?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Apr 1, 2006.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Perhaps I should let this wait a day, but the "talking heads" just discussed the loss of LSU and how it affects Davis and Thomas.

First, I should say that they interviewed Brady and Darrell and Glen, and Brady conceded that the Tigers got "punched early and never recovered." Glen and Darrell conceded that UCLA played good d, but sometimes, in the game of basketball, you just don't have your night.

When you look at the box score, you say to yourself, LSU actually had a chance throughout but just didn't assert themselves. When all was said and done, UCLA only shoots 42% for the game, 28% from three. They shoot 17 free throws and make 12. We lose by 14. What do we not do? We only have 4 assists to a good number of poorly timed turnovers. We miss 15 free throws. We go 0 for 6 for three. And, our "best players" don't show up. The game really came down to we picked a pretty poor time to play our worse of the tourney. That doesn't diminish a great season.

Dickie V put it probably right. Thomas is expected to be no less than a top 5 pick and Davis is picked to go much lower. So, he says, it will be very difficult for Thomas to turn that down. That being said, Digger and Bilas said Thomas needs another year. He doesn't yet know how to play the game according to Bilas, and tonight's game certainly showed that he couldn't take the game over in the face of tough d. Digger suggested that both of them should come back (would be "foolish" for them to go) and make another run in the tourney. Everyone seemed to say, that Glen seemed to embrace the college game. So, I think the logical answer (and this is what I thought before tonight's game) is that Thomas goes pro, and Davis stays. I honestly think after tonight's game, we have a 50/50 chance that BOTH stay.

I'm looking forward to next year already!!!

PG: Tack/Temple/Martin
    SG: Mason/Martin
    SF: Tas'/Darnell
    PF: [Thomas]/Rolle
    C: Davis/Johnson

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. PACK THE PMAC IN '06-07!!

P.S. Dickie V also added, "can you imagine what this team would have been with a Humphrey (guard from FLA who hit like 4 or 5 threes today) on their team?"

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I think they stay.

3. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

GOOD POST! Mabe with a loss it shows that they are not ready to go. If thomas is offered 6 figs. It would be hard for me to want him to stay. thats a lot of money to turn down.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Next year should be another good year of LSU basketball. I think it would be hard for Thomas to turn down the NBA when he is a projected top 5 pick. I think the only thing Davis can do to improve his NBA stock is to lose some weight and improve his conditioning... something that would be hard to do in 3 months for the NBA predraft camps.

So I think we lose Thomas but Big Baby is back next year.

Also, didn't Glen go to the NBA pre-draft camps last year? Thus, he can't go to the camps to test the waters and then withdraw this year.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I don't think Davis would be considered to be a high pick no matter what the outcome of this game so I always thought he would stay. Thomas is a different story. If any scouts saw what I saw they noticed a raw talent. Now is a team willing to pay for a project and hope it returns dividends in two years? That is the big question. Only a team that has some cash to throw away will take that chance. If one does...he goes. If his stock has dropped, to say a mid 2nd, I think he stays. But I hope he feels he has unfinished business here...

6. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

I sure hope they stay. It broke my heart when Swift left.
    :bncry:

7. KC Tiger

KC Tiger Freshman

Davis has to loose 25 to 30 lbs to play in the NBA. He just can't go through NBA players like he did this year against college players. Thomas needs another year also, but the money may be too much to turn down. Anyway, it was a great year for LSU basketball, and maybe the women can bring home a championship.:geauxtige

8. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

if they stay, we need a pure shooter to be better. p.s (voogd needs to learn how to pass the ball a little better too.)

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I wouldn't normally talk about about a player directly, but Voogd needs to transfer to another school. Mr. Turnover.

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Baby stays...