Game's Over... Will they stay or Go?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Apr 1, 2006.

1. kveille

kveille Founding Member

On ESPN's website they have TT as the #2 pick in the 2006 draft. I thought this was interesting. I have a feeling this hasn't been updated since the final four.

Quote from the site:
    Dominating performance against Texas and Duke have more and more scouts beginning to talk about Thomas as a potential No. 1 pick in the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/index

On InsideHoop.com nbadraft.net they have TT as the #1 pick

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml
    http://nbadraft.net/index.asp

Most of these sites where updated before the final four. I never really thought of TT as the #1 pick overall. Tiger fans are going to be on the edge of their seats until the draft is over.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yeah...and you'd think we, as LSU fans, would be used to this sh*t...

Saban....Whitworth....Tyrus....the list is never-ending! :D

3. TyrusIsMyHero12

TyrusIsMyHero12 Founding Member

As much as I cant stand Duke I wish there were more players like JJ Redick that stay in school there full 4 years. I think that they owe it to there coach, fans, and team.

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I don't necessarily want to draw uneducated comparisons, but after having watched Billy D take a bunch of sophomores and a couple of juniors (talented albeit) and beat UCLA, perhaps there is something to be said about recruiting "smartly" your talent.

What do I mean? Well, after having watched the game, you look at a guy like JOEkim Noah. The dude's 6'10" ish, pretty thin (kinda' like Tyrus), but the dude runs the floor, can dribble up against pressure, rebounds, blocks shoots (a NC record), can pass, takes it to the hoop off the dribble, about the only thing he can't do with regularlity is hit the 15 footer (but neither does Tyrus). Honestly and fairly, he also showed that he CAN take over a big game in the spotlight game. I'd say right now he's a better pro prospect than Tyrus. AND, he's most likely to stay yet another year...

Why? Perhaps it's because he doesn't need the money and he's having fun in college. Perhaps after the hype of this game, the MOP award, JOEKim will look at the NBA. But, I don't think so. This Florida team (as much as I hate to admit it) sounds a lot like the LSU team. Although they don't hail from the same 60 mile radius, they're a bunch of aristocrats' kids, who play together, live together and just won a NC. And, I don't think any of them are leaving (we'll see). We've got a kid like Tyrus or Stro', and we constantly have to worry that they're bolting.

Take note Brady and team. That's what it takes to win a NC. Talented players, playing together, staying together. With more balance next year, hard work, playing together, LSU may get there too.

I can't wait to get Florida at home next year!!!!

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. RESTORE THE FAITH.